Re: BFV not using gpu 0%

by EA_Atic

Original Post

BFV not using gpu 0%

★★ Novice

I haven't played bfv in a while and with the new release of Mercury I tried it out again however, the game is running at around 40 fps avg. Before I could get 80-85 avg fps on ultra settings. Task manager shows 0% utilization of my gpu. I've went into nvidia control panel and tweaked with all the settings that prioritize performance over power consumption. I've also scanned my windows though the command prompt with no errors. BFV is the only game I have ever had issues with.

Battlefield 4 runs perfect and utilizes my gpu at 115 fps avg

Specs:

Cpu: i7 860 2.8 GHz 4c 8t

gpu: Zotac mini GTX 1060 6gb version 430.86

ram: 16gb(2x8) hyperX fury 1600 MHz

drive: 500gb crucial mx500 ssd

Origin: Version 10.5.40.26928

Message 1 of 5 (2,359 Views)

★★ Novice

Here's a quick video in game with settings fully lowered

Message 2 of 5 (2,351 Views)

EA DICE Team
Thanks for the post @ImJonnyG

I recommend that you reinstall the GOU drivers if you haven't already, it's really odd that Windows is showing 0% usage yet you manage to get 40FPS. 

/Atic 
Message 3 of 5 (2,292 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Atic I downloaded MSI afterburner and found it was only using 65% of my CPU and 40% of my gpu. I did some searching on my own and did a bunch of optimizations and also overclocked my CPU to 3.35 GHz and now I'm getting 100% cpu and 80% gpu usage along with 80 fps average. Still not all the way to where I want to be though. There must be a bug with Dx12 games and windows task manager not showing the utilization of gpus.

Message 4 of 5 (2,279 Views)

EA DICE Team

If you are on Dx11 do you notice the same CPU hitt? @ImJonnyG  

Also thanks for the info drop! Standard smile 

/Atic 

Message 5 of 5 (2,260 Views)