BFV low FPS Issues

by Bayle31

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BFV low FPS Issues

★★★ Newbie

For about a month or so, I have had fps issues where my game, which was running fine at Nvidia's recommended settings before hand constantly around 70-80 fps, has not been able to hold more than 60fps with those settings now, even when i turn everything to low i can still only manage around 60 fps.

I know I am probably not doing a great job in explaining the issue but it certainly is an issue. I have tried most things, inc. game repair, clean install, followed the instructions of people with similar problems but the only thing I haven't been able to do is update to windows 1903 - having issues with that as well - but the game was working fine on older versions beforehand.

All of a sudden I logged in and was getting abnormally low fps when beforehand I was getting 70-80 as I described.

I was having the same issue with BF4 but after a clean install of that, i was running it completely fine at ultra settings, I must also add that I have been running Modern Warfare completely fine at 70+ fps as well.

Very annoying as I would like to play the new Pacific update. The problem wouldn't be an issue if I always had lower fps but as I said, a while back I was running the game completely fine.

I know I did not describe the issue as best as possible but any guidance/help would be appreciated.

GTX 1060

16GB RAM

i7-4790 @ 3600Mhz

Nvidia Driver 441.08

1920x1080 144Hz monitor

Thank you.

Message 1 of 8 (5,756 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BFV low FPS Issues

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

It can be a tough one to crack but let’s try to get a clear picture of the issue and try to get you some better performance along the way. First of let me tell you the total frame rate count of a game can and will go down if more server-side scrips are running or are slowing things down. This will influence gameplay a lot by giving you slow updates of changes in the VR world. In practice it is both the server FPS (frames or ticket rate) and the client FPS that make the total picture possible together.

Also BFV is very demanding on all system components especially on the CPU. Playing on LOW / Med settings is the only possible solution for decent gameplay if i'm right

-enable XMP in BIOS is available or disable if system speeds crumble

-Play on a server with a low ping (wired connection is always best)

-Update main system drivers (probable has all been done but it’s the basics) audio, network, chipset

-defragment or trim HDD and SSD after cleaning drive (old cache and temp files etc.)

-update HDD and SSD firmware and drivers

-install game on SSD drive!

-make sure drive has plenty of space

-test a few different Nvidia drivers; Run Physics on GPU, disable v-sync

-ingame: Disable: v-sync, future frame render, motion blur, etc.

-clean computer fully as a little dust can cause huge changes (videocard, CPU cooler and casetemp vs airflow)

-check for high room temperatures?

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

EA Champion

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (5,697 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

It can be a tough one to crack but let’s try to get a clear picture of the issue and try to get you some better performance along the way. First of let me tell you the total frame rate count of a game can and will go down if more server-side scrips are running or are slowing things down. This will influence gameplay a lot by giving you slow updates of changes in the VR world. In practice it is both the server FPS (frames or ticket rate) and the client FPS that make the total picture possible together.

Also BFV is very demanding on all system components especially on the CPU. Playing on LOW / Med settings is the only possible solution for decent gameplay if i'm right

-enable XMP in BIOS is available or disable if system speeds crumble

-Play on a server with a low ping (wired connection is always best)

-Update main system drivers (probable has all been done but it’s the basics) audio, network, chipset

-defragment or trim HDD and SSD after cleaning drive (old cache and temp files etc.)

-update HDD and SSD firmware and drivers

-install game on SSD drive!

-make sure drive has plenty of space

-test a few different Nvidia drivers; Run Physics on GPU, disable v-sync

-ingame: Disable: v-sync, future frame render, motion blur, etc.

-clean computer fully as a little dust can cause huge changes (videocard, CPU cooler and casetemp vs airflow)

-check for high room temperatures?

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

EA Champion

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA
Message 2 of 8 (5,698 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@XTRA-LarsianoAt the end, I paid attention to your statement about the "high room temperature" and when I moved to another room with air conditioning, the game started running as fine as before the latest update. It's the second day in a row and the game's still fine. Tomorrow I'll go back to the high temperature room to check if the problem with lag/stutter persists. Thanks man.

Message 3 of 8 (4,736 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

i have the same issue ... that game was just fine with good fps and yesterday when i open up the game i got an interface update ... i updated the game ... and i have fps issue now now .. the game max fps is 50 fps i don't know why i deleted the save game didn't work ... i made a repaid from origin didn't work ... i removed my driver and installed it again ... didn't work ... i have core17 4790 with 16 gb of ram and 1060 6 gb

Message 4 of 8 (4,566 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes same problem I have a I9 9900k and a Gtx 1080

Message 5 of 8 (2,073 Views)

★ Guide

Go into your BF V folder in your documents and open Prosave_Backup_Profile with notepad and change your GstRender.FullscreenRefreshRate 144.000000 also change your  GstRender.ResolutionHertz to 144.00000 and save. Do this also in your Prosave_Profile.

I hope this helps. 

Message 6 of 8 (2,050 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Or change the resolution in config file to whatever your monitor refrresh rate is. 

Message 7 of 8 (2,027 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Battlefield, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 8 of 8 (2,006 Views)