Re: BFV game keeps saying "Go Onine" and game settings when online, do

by da-evilscotsmen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BFV game keeps saying "Go Onine" and game settings when online, don't save.

★★★ Newbie

I have had problems with BF4 game settings not saving, and occasional "Go Online" issues, but now I am trying to play BFV which I had pre-ordered and played, and it says "Go Online" and when it does work, my game settings don't save. I have to re-do that intro bs, and then go through all settings and re-set them every time... but now I can't even get on period. It always says I am offline, "Go Online". This is so frustrating that I am almost ready to demand my $ back on my game, and my wives game. I hope I can get some help here. Thank you.

Message 1 of 9 (6,672 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice
i think i found a fix ...... for me i would every time i started BFV i would have to go through the intro (but would never save my progress coz i was "off line") ....just to get to the main game page but it would say im not "online" so i try to click "go online" button.... but it tells me to cant connect and to go online to ea for help...lol anyhoo after lots of messing with port forwarding... thinking it was something to do with bfv connecting to the EA severs.... i never uninstalled my game coz like ...f that ...games like 60gigs...

so this is what i found to work for me.
(windows 10 64bit)

OPEN : - WINDOWS SECURITY

CLICK : - VIRUS & NETWORKING PROTECTION

AT THE BOTTOM CLICK : - MANAGE RANSOMWARE PROTECTION

TURN OFF : - CONTROLLED FOLDER ACCESS

i leave this window open so i turn it back on after.

hope this helps Confusedmile:

View in thread

Message 7 of 9 (6,504 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @Scoin442

I moved your post to the BFV forum.

I'm sure the wonderful helpers here can provide you with help.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (6,645 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Go to Settings / Windows Defender Security Center / Ransomware Protection and add the BF5 executable as an exception under "Folder Protection"

Message 3 of 9 (6,627 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It didn't work. Thanks for the attempt to help.

Message 4 of 9 (6,596 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hey @Scoin442,

Go to Documents ---> Battlefield V ---> Settings ---> and rename the PROFSAVE_tmp file to just "PROFSAVE".

Let us know if this works for you, and saves your Settings.

Thanks Standard smile 

★★★ Newbie

I have PROFSAVE,  PROFSAVE_backup, PROFSAVE_backup_profile, PROFSAVE_backup_profile_synced, PROFSAVE_profile, and PROFSAVE_profile_synced. Which one? I don't see a temp one.

Message 6 of 9 (6,576 Views)

★★ Novice
i think i found a fix ...... for me i would every time i started BFV i would have to go through the intro (but would never save my progress coz i was "off line") ....just to get to the main game page but it would say im not "online" so i try to click "go online" button.... but it tells me to cant connect and to go online to ea for help...lol anyhoo after lots of messing with port forwarding... thinking it was something to do with bfv connecting to the EA severs.... i never uninstalled my game coz like ...f that ...games like 60gigs...

so this is what i found to work for me.
(windows 10 64bit)

OPEN : - WINDOWS SECURITY

CLICK : - VIRUS & NETWORKING PROTECTION

AT THE BOTTOM CLICK : - MANAGE RANSOMWARE PROTECTION

TURN OFF : - CONTROLLED FOLDER ACCESS

i leave this window open so i turn it back on after.

hope this helps Confusedmile:
Message 7 of 9 (6,505 Views)

★ Novice

bro why didn't I see this reply before fffffffffffffffffffffffff I had this problem for 6 months in Bf5 and BF1 and that was the solution and I had to figure it out by myself (I fixed it when I really wanted to yesterday) it was so stupid I feel so stupid.....

Message 8 of 9 (3,559 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Battlefield V, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 9 of 9 (3,457 Views)