Product: Battlefield V
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One X
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? TDM
Please select your region North America
On which server did this happen? Multiple Servers
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Multiple times of the day
Summarize your bug Battlefield V freezes mid-game then crashes, which usually results it closing the game and going back to the Xbox One X dashboard. I have tried many of the fixes Microsoft recommends here: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/troubleshooting/game-freeze-solution The problem has only been getting worse. After doing a OS reload, the game froze and completely shut off my One X. Then, After Uninstalling BFV and rebooting the One X, my external hard drive for the One X was frozen, making the console not recognize the drive until after I unplugged the drive from the xbox and power source and reconnected it. (That has ever happened on any game I have uninstalled from either my original Xbox One or the One X) I am currently reinstalling the game and have also done the step on the guide that recommends deleting the cloud save data as well as the console save data. So far, this problem has only occurred with BFV, as I was able to play another game for over 3 hours last night and deleted multiple games from my external hard drive over the weekend. I only started having problems with this since last Saturday night, and have had the game for less than a month. I am also including a link to another support page I found on this site, because the problem is very similar to the one I'm having even though they are on PC. I think the problems may be linked, and might be affecting a small number of users. Here is the link: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Battlefield-V-Crashes-and-reboots-my-PC/m-p/7172008#M2904
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play various multiplayer modes, the game has typically only frozen then crashed during multiplayer games such as Frontlines and TDM. The other crash variants are when it completely crashed my Xbox One X to where I had to restart it, and the time yesterday where it crashed on the main menu of BFV a few seconds after it loaded it.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game freezes, then crashes and returns to the Xbox Dashboard after a about 30 seconds or so.
What should be happening instead? The game should continue playing as normal. No crash or freezing should occur and I should be able to finish a match.

See above for information about this problem.

Message 1 of 15 (8,984 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BFV freezes then crashes on Xbox One X

EA DICE Team

Hey @SmokyMcPot1278  @ShishigamiZero  @tylrbakr, we had a hotfix for Xbox today to address some of the issues that we introduce the latest patch. You can read it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Xbox-Hotfix-4-02/m-p/8012868#M16410

Did you notice any improvements after the patch? 

/Atic 

View in thread

Message 9 of 15 (6,075 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
I am having a similar issue but instead I can’t even get into a match. The game will freeze in the menu screen and then crash. Hardly any content will load. The only content that does load is the text and the moving background, but the characters and weapons and vehicles don’t load in either. This is all on the menu. I have contacted EA and they had me do advanced trouble shooting and it did absolutely nothing for me.
Message 2 of 15 (8,944 Views)

★★ Novice
I seem to have found a working solution for me, though it may be two fold. Here is what I did. I followed the step on the guide to uninstall the game, reboot the console, then reinstall it. I also went into the game management and deleted the local (console) and cloud save data. These are steps 10 and 13 from the support guide from Microsoft posted above. Doing this will not affect anything you unlocked in the game, so you don't have to worry about losing your ranks or weapon unlocks. They will be reloaded from the Battlefield servers when you start the game again.

You probably only need to delete the local and cloud saves, but it might not hurt to uninstall and reinstall the game too. After doing this, I was able to play through the game's opening, and play 3-4 games of TDM with no freezing or crashing. I hope this information helps others who may have the same issue.
Message 3 of 15 (8,927 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

In recent months I have found that having an older hard drive could be impacting the quality of games and their ability to play on the Xbox One X. The hard drive I had been using when I started having these issues was one I got specifically for my Xbox One about a year after the console launched. I began to notice that newer games would freeze or crash on the Xbox One X after I got it in December of last year along with Battlefield V. The other games I also had this problem with were Sekiro and Anthem. 

I got a new external hard drive a couple months ago because I needed the space for games, and I noticed that newer games stopped freezing or crashing after I transferred my games from my old external hard drive to my new one and used that one exclusively.  

If you are experiencing problems with Battlefield V or any newer game freezing or crashing your system,  I would highly recommend this solution if you can afford a new external hard drive. It was the best solution to stop this problem. 

Message 4 of 15 (7,902 Views)

[Xbox] BFV. loading screen freezes when joining

★ Apprentice

So this has been happening since the recent update came out with the new chapter. But me and my friends have all experienced the same issue. Every time we load up a Conquest match from server browser (always the first game of the day), then it freezes after about 2 mins of waiting. It happens over and over until it finally works and we get into a game and then no more issues for the remainder of our day. The only way we found that we can finally get into a match is If one person joins first. And once in, invites everyone else. Thanks for the help. 

Message 5 of 15 (6,171 Views)

Re: [Xbox] BFV. loading screen freezes when joining

★★★ Novice

I’ve had same problem as well, but its constant all game modes except Squad Conquest for me. 

Message 6 of 15 (6,151 Views)

Re: [Xbox] BFV. loading screen freezes when joining

★ Novice

Yeah same but for me it's only when loading conquest and the quickmatch fixes this problem 30% of the time only been happening since this latest 'patch' 

Message 7 of 15 (6,080 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@ShishigamiZero I have to join solo then invite my friends. When we’re in a squad it makes it worse. And now that’s only working every now and then.
Message 8 of 15 (6,246 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @SmokyMcPot1278  @ShishigamiZero  @tylrbakr, we had a hotfix for Xbox today to address some of the issues that we introduce the latest patch. You can read it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Xbox-Hotfix-4-02/m-p/8012868#M16410

Did you notice any improvements after the patch? 

/Atic 

Message 9 of 15 (6,076 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Atic It made it soooooo much worse for me. I crash every game now
Message 10 of 15 (5,986 Views)