Re: BFV crash with DLSS and DXR on!

by _Slayde_Killer_

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BFV crash with DLSS and DXR on!

★★ Novice

Hey!

I have a lot of random crashes with DLSS and DXR on, it stutters and freezes and then crash to desktop without any error or messages.

There is no problem without DXR and DLSS, when i turn them on it crashes!

I've tryed everything on this forum and from all other who report ideas to fix it... nothing works..

My PC is new and never crash on any other game!

Asus rog strix z390-E gaming

i5 9600k 3.7 GHZ not OC

16GB Gskill 3600mhz

1TB SSD

Asus rog strix RTX 2080 8 GB not OC

1000w PSU

good chassis with good fans

i have latest windows uppdates, gpu drivers, mb drivers and bios updates

Message 1 of 9 (1,706 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

I think I solved...
After many conclusions and thinkings, I came back to GPU overclock.

I have a MSI 2080Ti Sea Hawk X, which is factory OC.
At stock frequencies (Which is a factory Oc) => DXR enabled in BFV => Crash

I flashed it with GALAX Bios 380W (Which gives also factory OC) ;
At stock frequencies (Which is a factory OC) => DXR enabled in BFV => Crash

I flashed it again (As my cooler is really good) with ASUS XOC Bios 1000W (Which provides also factory OC) :
At stock frequencies (Which is a factory OC) => No more crash with DXR enabled !!

Then, I decided to tweak during hours and I could play for one 3 hours with DXR enabled with :
+130MHz on Core (Which gives 2085MHz and GPU temp=47°C in my room which is at 25°C)
+1200MHz on memory(Which gives 16400MHz memory versus 14000MHz stock).

So it seems that the issue is due here to some factory OC's (MSI Sea Hawk with factory Bios and with Galax Bios).
But, with ASUS XOC Bios (Which is quite power unlimited, in fact 1000W power limit), behavior seems completely different versus DXR....
Don't ask me why...

I also used the advices of this person and I am sure it helped a lot :

https://blog.birkhoff.me/solution-to-battlefield-v-keeping-crashing-on-win10/

Of course I am not sure I found the solution, I will play more hours and conclude definitely.
But, until now, 10mns was the max I could play before crash. And today, I could play 3 hours with above mentionned OC and ASUS XOC Bios.

My conclusion is :

- First, apply the advises of the link : https://blog.birkhoff.me/solution-to-battlefield-v-keeping-crashing-on-win10/

- If you have a "non factory overclocked GPU", and if you have CTD in BFV with DXR enabled, try to downclock step by step until you don't have no more crashes.

-  If you have a "factory overcloked GPU" and if you have CTD in BFV with DXR enabled, try to downclock step by step until you don't have no more crashes.

- If you have a factory overclocked GPU and if you have CTD in BFV with DXR enabled, and if your card can accept a XOC Bios (1000W or 2000W depending of the BIos), then try it...

At your own risk of course (I will not be responsible of any damages on your GPU due to bad Bios flash).

all XOC Bios are listed here in the first page of this excellent overclock.net thread :

https://www.overclock.net/forum/69-nvidia/1706276-official-nvidia-rtx-2080-ti-owner-s-club.html

BE CAREFUL, DON'T FLASH A CARD WITH A NON SUITABLE BIOS OR IF YOU ARE NOT SKILLED FOR THIS...

For me it worked, with the ASUS XOC Bios "8xpin" 1000W (The first one listed of the XOC Bios list), which is suitable for the MSI 2080Ti Sea Hawk X (Reference PCB, device ID with 1E07 inside, binned 300A chip).

If i disable DXR, I can play in DX12 at BFV without any crashes with +150MHz overclock on GPU.

If I enabled DXR, I am obliged to decrease my GPU OC by addind +130MHz on GPU. Otherwise, I crash (Even with +140MHz)

I will play more hours to be sure this is my solution.

hope this can help you.

cheers.

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (1,477 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Does the game crashes with those settings off?

Have you tried restore bios to its defaults and try play again with DXR-DLSS on?

Try that and reply how it went.

Message 2 of 9 (1,690 Views)

★★ Novice

The game does not crash with those off, never, it does not even crash with DX12 ! only with dxr and dlss it crashes, the bios i havent set to defaoult, i dont know anything about changing in those new bios motherboard, but i can se F5 it sets everything on defaults, should i press that and try it?

Message 3 of 9 (1,678 Views)

★ Guide

If it doesn't crash without those on don't do anything in BIOS.I f you turn on only RTX does it crash?

Maybe it's a problem with the drivers,try only RTX and let us know how it goes.

Message 4 of 9 (1,674 Views)

★★ Novice
It ONLY crashes with DXR and DLSS Standard smile
Message 5 of 9 (1,671 Views)

★ Guide

I would recommend you then to try previous versions of the nvidia drivers.Try a previous version,maybe the 418.91

https://www.nvidia.it/Download/Find.aspx

Message 6 of 9 (1,668 Views)

★★ Novice
Any drivers doesn't help, i notice now that BF5 ONLY crashes when i turn on
NVIDIA DLSS
Message 7 of 9 (1,610 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Did you find any fix or solution ?

I have exactly the same issue, only with D12 + DXR enabled (DLSS is greyed for me).

D12 only is perfect. D11 is perfect.

My spec :

MSI Sea Hawk X 2080Ti

Core i7-5930K@4.6GHz

32GB RAM@3200MHz

Windows 10 64bits 1903

Drivers 436.15

It seems that a lot of people have this issue but no fix from NVIDIA, DICE or even MICROSOFT if it would be Windows related...

Message 8 of 9 (1,543 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I think I solved...
After many conclusions and thinkings, I came back to GPU overclock.

I have a MSI 2080Ti Sea Hawk X, which is factory OC.
At stock frequencies (Which is a factory Oc) => DXR enabled in BFV => Crash

I flashed it with GALAX Bios 380W (Which gives also factory OC) ;
At stock frequencies (Which is a factory OC) => DXR enabled in BFV => Crash

I flashed it again (As my cooler is really good) with ASUS XOC Bios 1000W (Which provides also factory OC) :
At stock frequencies (Which is a factory OC) => No more crash with DXR enabled !!

Then, I decided to tweak during hours and I could play for one 3 hours with DXR enabled with :
+130MHz on Core (Which gives 2085MHz and GPU temp=47°C in my room which is at 25°C)
+1200MHz on memory(Which gives 16400MHz memory versus 14000MHz stock).

So it seems that the issue is due here to some factory OC's (MSI Sea Hawk with factory Bios and with Galax Bios).
But, with ASUS XOC Bios (Which is quite power unlimited, in fact 1000W power limit), behavior seems completely different versus DXR....
Don't ask me why...

I also used the advices of this person and I am sure it helped a lot :

https://blog.birkhoff.me/solution-to-battlefield-v-keeping-crashing-on-win10/

Of course I am not sure I found the solution, I will play more hours and conclude definitely.
But, until now, 10mns was the max I could play before crash. And today, I could play 3 hours with above mentionned OC and ASUS XOC Bios.

My conclusion is :

- First, apply the advises of the link : https://blog.birkhoff.me/solution-to-battlefield-v-keeping-crashing-on-win10/

- If you have a "non factory overclocked GPU", and if you have CTD in BFV with DXR enabled, try to downclock step by step until you don't have no more crashes.

-  If you have a "factory overcloked GPU" and if you have CTD in BFV with DXR enabled, try to downclock step by step until you don't have no more crashes.

- If you have a factory overclocked GPU and if you have CTD in BFV with DXR enabled, and if your card can accept a XOC Bios (1000W or 2000W depending of the BIos), then try it...

At your own risk of course (I will not be responsible of any damages on your GPU due to bad Bios flash).

all XOC Bios are listed here in the first page of this excellent overclock.net thread :

https://www.overclock.net/forum/69-nvidia/1706276-official-nvidia-rtx-2080-ti-owner-s-club.html

BE CAREFUL, DON'T FLASH A CARD WITH A NON SUITABLE BIOS OR IF YOU ARE NOT SKILLED FOR THIS...

For me it worked, with the ASUS XOC Bios "8xpin" 1000W (The first one listed of the XOC Bios list), which is suitable for the MSI 2080Ti Sea Hawk X (Reference PCB, device ID with 1E07 inside, binned 300A chip).

If i disable DXR, I can play in DX12 at BFV without any crashes with +150MHz overclock on GPU.

If I enabled DXR, I am obliged to decrease my GPU OC by addind +130MHz on GPU. Otherwise, I crash (Even with +140MHz)

I will play more hours to be sure this is my solution.

hope this can help you.

cheers.

Message 9 of 9 (1,478 Views)