BFV Trouble Installing Multiplayer

by hundrethmonkey

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BFV Trouble Installing Multiplayer

★ Novice

Reinstalling the game because I wanted to play it again. My PS4 downloaded the update file fine, and I can start the game. However, the multiplayer install is stuck on 1%. The only thing i can play is the introduction (My Country Calling). The other war stories are all stuck at their downloads. I have tried ejecting the disk, cleaning it, and restarting my PS4. I have yet to try reinstalling it again because I do not know if it is worth doing again.

Message 1 of 11 (3,718 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BFV Trouble Installing Multiplayer

Community Manager

Hi there, @hundrethmonkey.

Try installing again and see if it works. I know PS4 installs sometimes hang for a while, but the normally complete. How long did you leave it at 1% before restarting?

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (3,668 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there, @hundrethmonkey.

Try installing again and see if it works. I know PS4 installs sometimes hang for a while, but the normally complete. How long did you leave it at 1% before restarting?

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 11 (3,669 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I have the exact same problem. The last time I actually got to play BFV was January 2019. The game didn’t have this issue for the first 4 months of its release. I’ve downloaded the game (by disc) more than 30 times since then and the 1% is still there. With disc occasionally when I start the game up it’ll crash saying the disc cannot be read, but the disc is absolutely fine. Or sometimes an error message. 

But when it does start up and load, it’s always stuck at 1%, the campaigns stuck at their 57%. You can play two missions, but that’s it.

Tried getting help mid 2019, rebuilt the database of the PS4 a few times and deleted saved data, but that didn’t work. 

I don’t think it’s worth using my money for another disc, I doubt that’ll make any difference. Really need some help here

Message 3 of 11 (3,610 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_Aljo You could leave it for hours and the installation wouldn’t change, which is obviously not how it’s intended. This wasn’t a problem during the first 4 months of BFV’s release.
Message 4 of 11 (3,606 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@EA_AljoEven tried rebuilding the database of the PS4 a few times, deleted the application saved data, doesn’t change anything for me

Message 5 of 11 (3,602 Views)

★ Novice

Yes, this is EXACTLY what is happening, only you described it in better detail. My disc is fine, but it sometimes says it cannot be read or an error. I just recently bought a ps4 pro and tried it on there, but it was the same result.

Message 6 of 11 (3,561 Views)

Community Manager

@hundrethmonkey @istoleurfaceHA35 

When you guys are reinstalling, are you deleting the previous install first? You should do that and power cycle your PS4, then try again. Also, I'm seeing that pausing and resuming the download when you're stuck at 1% several times may help.

Aljo.png
Message 7 of 11 (3,530 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
The problem isn't the DOWNLOAD. The problem is when you're in the main menu of BF5 after the downloads are complete and you have the option to play single player while MULTIPLAYER IS INSTALLING. That's where it's stuck at 1%. Please help I'd really like to play the pacific maps.
Message 8 of 11 (3,445 Views)

Community Manager

Hello, @istoleurfaceHA35.

Did you try what I suggested in my previous post?

Aljo.png
Message 9 of 11 (3,403 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Aljo Still doesn’t work. I even bought the digital version yesterday and left it to download and when I got back to my playstation at lunch time thinking it would be done there’s an error at 4AM saying the download is corrupted, exactly what happens on disc.

I’ve never had this problem with any other game except battlefield 5
Message 10 of 11 (3,338 Views)