BFV Server Disconnected error - Battlefield V for xbox one

by mfc_matt89

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BFV Server Disconnected error - Battlefield V for xbox one

★★★ Newbie

I am playing on Xbox one with a wired router connection and the game keeps dissconecting from the EA servers. I have tried

Switching from a wireless connection to a wired connection (bf1 worked on Wi-Fi) 

Adding the Xbox server ports to the router 

Unlinking and then relinking my Xbox live account to origin 

Allowing my Xbox to bypass the firewall 

Disabling all other Wi-Fi devices in the house

Resetting the router, hard and soft reset - while having the Xbox turned off. 

The only thing I haven't tried is uninstalling and reinstalling the game. 

I only have an iv4 wired connection. Is there anything that i haven't tried to to get this working? It will dissconect from the server at random with no warning, the connection appears stable until it disconnects. At this time it's still connected to Xbox live. I also haven't contacted my isp but i haven't had any problems with that 

What. Can. I. Do. 

I love this game, all I want to do is ram a tank into things. But it needs to work for me to do that. 

What can people suggest? 

Message 1 of 32 (10,567 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BFV Server Disconnected error - Battlefield V for xbox one

Hero (Retired)

Hey @mfc_matt89

Sorry to hear about the connection issues you're experiencing.

Here are some more steps that you can try:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/console/connection-troubleshooting-advanced-xbox/

I would also recommend trying to clear your MAC Address and do a hard reset on your Console.

Go to Settings, Network, Advanced Settings, Alternate MAC Address, and Clear, then unplug your Console for about 30 seconds or so and plug it back in.

Let us know if this works for you.

Thanks Standard smile 

View in thread

Message 2 of 32 (10,541 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hey @mfc_matt89

Sorry to hear about the connection issues you're experiencing.

Here are some more steps that you can try:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/console/connection-troubleshooting-advanced-xbox/

I would also recommend trying to clear your MAC Address and do a hard reset on your Console.

Go to Settings, Network, Advanced Settings, Alternate MAC Address, and Clear, then unplug your Console for about 30 seconds or so and plug it back in.

Let us know if this works for you.

Thanks Standard smile 

★★★ Novice

I have the same issues but I can connect say 1 in 5 servers. Just the other 4 servers won't let me giving the error attached in the image. Server disconnected. Connection to EA online timed out. Your network bandwidth and/or network latency may not meet the requirements for this game.

Now this was fine until the last update this week. Have tried restarting console, modem. Tried clearing Mac etc... No luck...

Any other suggestions? 

Message 3 of 32 (10,401 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same issues but I can connect say 1 in 5 servers. Just the other 4 servers won't let me giving the error attached in the image. Server disconnected. Connection to EA online timed out. Your network bandwidth and/or network latency may not meet the requirements for this game.

Now this was fine until the last update this week. Have tried restarting console, modem. Tried clearing Mac etc... No luck...

Any other suggestions? 

Message 4 of 32 (10,400 Views)

★ Novice

Not attacking u but u should choose better friends. Dice isnt ur friend and neither is Ea. Nice that u tried to offer up assistance but this is ea problem. If u on live and keep losong connection to game server its not xbox issue. Why do people think losing connection to ea server means ur connection is bad. U still on xbox live so whats wrong with connection. Port forward doesnt help nor does clearing cache or reinstalling game and factory reset of console. Its the game not u or ur connection. Good luc

Message 5 of 32 (10,159 Views)

★★★ Novice

That's exactally what I thought. I was playing the game happily for months then bam update and serious issues, I can't tell if there were any updates or hot fixes in the time before I tried a new modem but like you said, is he on server side, every other game I play on live was fine...

Message 6 of 32 (10,131 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I’m having same disconnection issues
Message 7 of 32 (10,113 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @bloodbullett48  did you try what @iluminatethesky  recommended above? 

If you did, what did you try?

/Atic 

Message 8 of 32 (10,104 Views)

★★★ Novice

Having the same problem, only started after the most recent update.  Any chance we could get an update?

Message 9 of 32 (9,949 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @MaynardK  sorry to hear that you are having issues with network and Battlefield V.

Did you have a look that was suggested above? 

/Atic

Message 10 of 32 (9,916 Views)