BFV Preorder weapons removed

by DrunkenPirate1

Original Post

Highlighted

BFV Preorder weapons removed

★★ Novice

Hello,

I've been asked by a support advisor to post this as a bug.

I contacted support because I can no longer use the Battlefield 1 weapons granted by pre-order Battlefield V (the degtyarev etc).

This is after this sequence of events:

1. Paid for Origin Premier Access. This gave me the weapons in BF1.

2. Cancelled subscription for Origin Premier Access after 4 or 5 months.

3. Added a retail copy of BFV to my account. No longer have access to the weapons.

Strangely in BFV Game Details> Extra Content it still has BFV Early Enlister as enabled, which should grant me the BF1 weapons.

Message 1 of 9 (719 Views)

Re: BFV Preorder weapons removed

EA DICE Team

Hey @DrunkenPirate1  can you clear Origin cache and see if still says that you have that BFV Early Enlister as enabled in Origin. 

/Atic 

Message 2 of 9 (692 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_Atic, thanks for your response.

After posting this I tried the 'Uninstall and remove from library' option for the Battlefield V Deluxe Edition I had left over from my subscription. I've also since cleared my Origin cache.

The 'Uninstall and remove from Library' removed the early enlister bonus from my retail copy of Battlefield V, obviously still no weapons.

Scratching my head here as I've paid alot more than I wanted in order to play BFV earlier and still don't have the bonus content.

Message 3 of 9 (688 Views)

EA DICE Team

Just to be sure and no mistakes, you don't see that own it now in pre order content now in Origin? @DrunkenPirate1  After you cleared Origin cache. 

/Atic 

Message 4 of 9 (673 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Atic 

That is correct.

I had 2 versions of Battlefield V listed on my account.

The deluxe version from my Origin Premier Access subscription and the retail copy I bought months later.

The early enlister bonus was originally listed as extra content under my retail copy, although the bonus Battlefield One content still wasn't working for some reason.

Having 'Uninstall and remove from library' the deluxe version of BFV, the early enlister bonus is now no longer listed.

Message 5 of 9 (666 Views)

EA DICE Team

Sweet thanks! @DrunkenPirate1  

Let me investigate this, it can take a few days. 

/Atic 

Message 6 of 9 (660 Views)

★★ Novice

Great, thanks for your time @EA_Atic.

Message 7 of 9 (655 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey,  @DrunkenPirate1 I got an update to you. 

Sorry to say but once you lose Origin Access premier you will lose access to the pre-order weapons to Battlefield 1 if you did not pre-order Battlefield V. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

/Atic 

Message 8 of 9 (617 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Atic ,

Thanks for your time and your response!

I do have some follow up questions.

Why am I being penalised for spending extra to access BFV early? I appreciate mine is a niche case. But I subscribed to Origin Premier Access exclusively for early BFV access, believing I'd get all the bonuses and stayed subscribed for several months before buying my retail copy. By my reckoning, I've paid more than twice the retail value of BFV by itself. Yet my preorder bonuses are removed?

Secondly, is there a reason you can't just re-enable the bonus on my account? If there were a way of paying for it separately, I'd have done so by now. But we're talking about a tiny bit of bonus content, for an old, unsupported game, which, by all rights, I should still have access to.

Sorry if this is a bit ranty but I just cannot understand this position. I feel cheated, having put faith (and a lot of money) into the franchise.

Message 9 of 9 (606 Views)