Product: Battlefield V
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Conquest
Please select your region Europe
On which server did this happen? All servers
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 27/06/2019
Summarize your bug Following the recent update, I am unable to progress past the multiplayer loading screen. The game freezes and eventually quits to dashboard. This happens roughly every 8/10 times.
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attempt to load MP map on any server
What happens when the bug occurs? The game freezes and quits to dashboard.
What should be happening instead? I should be able to successfully load the map and play without issue.

Product: Battlefield V
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Conquest
Please select your region Europe
On which server did this happen? All
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 27/06/2019
Summarize your bug Following the recent update I am unable to join multiplayer matches. The game gets as far as the multiplayer loading screen then freezes, eventually causing the game to quit to dashboard.
How often does the bug occur? (99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attempt to load MP match on any server
What happens when the bug occurs? The game freezes then quits to dashboard.
What should be happening instead? The map/mode should successfully load allowing me to play

Message 1 of 7 (967 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BFV Multiplayer Freezing

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry 

Thanks for the reply Blueberry!

I had tried all of the above steps with the exception of clearing the games local/cloud saved data as I was unaware of it at the time. Around 2 days after the original post the game suddenly corrected whatever wasn’t causing the freezing/crash to occur. I continued to perform the steps listed in your reply which I can only assume in time resolved the problem. All is working smoothly again. Many thanks 

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (775 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice

Cannot believe there has been no official response on the game breaking bug.

Message 2 of 7 (897 Views)

★★ Novice

I’m surprised as well considering the amount of people currently highlighting the bug 

Message 3 of 7 (867 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@DiverXCVI Been happening to me for 2 days now.
Message 4 of 7 (839 Views)

Community Manager

@DiverXCVI 

Sounds frustrating and I see that others also marked "Me too" on your post.

We'll need to first find out these details below for the team:

• Do you have the game installed on an external hard drive? If you have the game installed on an external hard drive, make sure there aren't files on both the internal and external drive. That can cause some weird performance issues and we recommend reinstalling
  • Have you tried a power cycle with the steps below?
  • Do you have any devices plugged into your console's USB slot other than a controller or external hard drive?
  • Have you tried deleting the game's local and cloud saved data from My Games & Apps for BFV?

Power Cycle the Console

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

1. Plug the console power cable back in.
  2. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.

Clear Mac Address

1. Clear the MAC Address: From the Xbox dashboard select Settings>All Settings>Network>Network Settings>Advanced Settings>Alternate MAC address>Clear, then restart your Xbox.
Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 7 (807 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry 

Thanks for the reply Blueberry!

I had tried all of the above steps with the exception of clearing the games local/cloud saved data as I was unaware of it at the time. Around 2 days after the original post the game suddenly corrected whatever wasn’t causing the freezing/crash to occur. I continued to perform the steps listed in your reply which I can only assume in time resolved the problem. All is working smoothly again. Many thanks 

Message 6 of 7 (776 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Spoiler
Spoiler

Same for me and it’s only getting worse. It either freezes when loading the map or just crashes in middle of play. When it dose freeze it will happen  over and over again, (5-10) times in a row or more. I play on Xbox and this is the most annoying apart. Besides all the other bugs and etc.

Message 7 of 7 (696 Views)