Re: BFV Mouse Lag / Terrible Stuttering (13th February Update)

by KickenWing313

Original Post

BFV Mouse Lag / Terrible Stuttering (13th February Update)

★★★ Novice

Good day everyone,

Recently(starting from the 13th February update) I've started to get massive stutters in firefights and these stutters make the game unplayable to me.

Attached is my DxDiag.txt and below some extra info:

Lastest Nvidia Drivers (418.91)

i5-4690K OC @ 4.2Ghz (stuttering still occurs at stock clock)

GTX 970 Stock

RAM 8Gb 1600Mhz DDR3

Game locked to 74fps(my monitors refresh rate, stuttering still occurs at 60fps)

FFR on/off, Vsync on/off, DX12 on/off, game setting to low and min latency option... I've tried everything, nothing works.

If the devs need more data/info feel free to contact me, I won't mind.

Below a 1min video, micro-stutter is constant and big stutters occur at 30sec and 50sec marks(at 50sec I can barely move my screen because of the lag)

Message 1 of 13 (6,191 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Same 4 me, game is unplayable due to this bug after last patch. I believe it has something to do with netcode changes cuz in single player and shooting range mouse works fine.

Message 2 of 13 (6,121 Views)

★ Novice

I've also been experiencing mouse lag and some stuttering since the latest update. The mouse lag almost feels like playing with an old school mouse when the ball would get dirty. The stutter has been fairly minimal but occasionally gets bad but nowhere near as bad as in the video you posted. The weird part is even when the game is stuttering I'm not seeing a drop in frame rate.

The other day I decided to roll my graphics card driver back considering that I updated my drivers immediately after updating BFV. Now this seemed to do the trick, no stuttering, no mouse lag and BFV ran smoother than ever. The next night however I was back to having the same issues again.

Here's what I'm running

i5 6600K 3.5GHz

16 GB Ram

Nvidia GTX 1080 8GB

120Hz g-sync monitor

Really hopes this gets resolved soon, the game is almost unplayable and I was really enjoying BFV up until this point. 

Message 3 of 13 (6,114 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Your point about the mouse lag being similar to an old track-ball mouse being dirty is spot on(used to come to abrupt stops and was incredibly annoying). And regarding the lag, on video seems horrible but in reality the frame rate doesn't drop(top left corner), so it seems like the mouse doesn't work when moving it(like a wireless mouse low on power).

I'll rollback my video card drivers too to an old version and I'll report back.

Message 4 of 13 (6,093 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I also have/had this issue, and the fix for it ( in my case ) is the weirdest freaking stuff that I've ever seen in a video game.

So what I did:

Turn DX12 off

Turn v-sync off

FFR on

I limited my game FPS in rivatuner statistics server to 67

And then every time I turn the game on I have to limit the in-game fps to 61 by using gametime.maxvariablefps 61

What's weirdest about it all is that if I will limit my fps to 61 only in RTSS the mouse will stutter and if I will limit FPS by using in-game console command to 61 without previously setting it to 67 in RTSS the mouse will stutter. I have no freaking clue what the hell is going on there.

Also, before I found this fix, changing my mouse pooling rate to 125 from 1000 helped quite a bit.

Message 5 of 13 (6,051 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Dice really messed things up with this patch.

Message 6 of 13 (6,041 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same thing for me..... cant play decent after the last patch

Message 7 of 13 (6,016 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for your input, sadly it didn't work for me. Also I tried downgrading my GPU drivers but without success.

I hope a DICE Dev see our thread and fix this bug ASAP.

Message 8 of 13 (6,005 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
You might try to lower your mouse pooling rate to 125 ( or basically as low as you can get ). Also, if you are using Nvidia GPU try to go to its control panel -> Adjust image setting with preview -> Click Use my preference emphasizing -> Select either "balanced" or "performance"
Message 9 of 13 (5,988 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same, been experiencing the same issue as in the video ever since the new update.

Message 10 of 13 (5,977 Views)