BFV Mic "push to talk" mouse key

by Lunelli_98

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BFV Mic "push to talk" mouse key

★★ Guide

I am trying to set the "push to talk" settings. I want to use a mouse button (key 3 or 4) which is easier than pressing on the keyboard. However, going to settings and changing it to "push to talk" and going to keys layout it doesnt let me use the mouse as a key.

Any ideas why or how can i solve this?

Thanks!

P.S. I already use this layout in R6 so my mouse isnt the problem!

Message 1 of 11 (2,136 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BFV Mic "push to talk" mouse key

EA DICE Team

Hey @Lunelli_98  when you change keybind do you change it under mouse or keyboard? 

image.png

/Atic 

View in thread

Message 5 of 11 (2,042 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Maybe installing and running mouse software of the supplier in the background could add this functionallity? Also Maybe with this app or a keybinding app (like: key to joy) you can set the buttons to do more then the basic function?

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

EA Champion

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA
Message 2 of 11 (2,113 Views)

★★ Guide
@XTRA-Larsiano I will try it. Or maybe thru Origin's settings (even tho i dont have high hopes)
Message 3 of 11 (2,105 Views)

★★ Guide

Not even in Origin's settings I was able to set the correct button. Any other ideas?

Message 4 of 11 (2,065 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @Lunelli_98  when you change keybind do you change it under mouse or keyboard? 

image.png

/Atic 

Message 5 of 11 (2,043 Views)

★★ Guide
@EA_Atic Thank you! It worked! I tried doing it in a match. might be why I couldnt do it!
Message 6 of 11 (2,027 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

While I understand the problem of the OP was already solved, there is another thing that might be a factor for someone else (coming to look for solutions to a similar problem):

Only five buttons on a mouse can usually be mapped directly: The left and right, press of the mouse wheel ('middle button') and then two of the auxiliary buttons (usually the easiest to access thumb buttons).

Buttons beyond that will not register as input, so in order to use them in game, you'll need to map them to a keyboard event in the mouse software. You can usually do this either globally, or on a game-by-game basis.

So if you wanted to map your third thumb button to "Full Map", you would assign it to the keyboard event "M" in your mouse software for the profile that's active with BFV.exe.

Message 7 of 11 (2,020 Views)

★★ Guide
@Silvar55 It would be the 1 of the 2 auxiliary buttons on the mouse.
Message 8 of 11 (2,009 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @Silvar55  a quick question what mouse are you using? 

/Atic 

Message 9 of 11 (1,991 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@EA_AticThe mouse I had the mapping problem was the Logitech G700s. Only the lower thumb buttons (G4 and G5) were recognized. The other two (G6 and G7) as well as the rest of the buttons peppered around the mouse (G8 - G11) could only be used in games by mapping them to keyboard events.

My current G305 only has two thumb buttons and I've had no desire to map the one extra button - I've felt being able to confirm that battery has plenty of power is more important.

Edit: Also note that these two mice are from generations apart, and the mouse software supporting them is different: G Hub for the recent models and LGS (Logitech Gaming Software) for those from a few years back. (SetPoint for the really old ones from late 2010's.)

Edit 2: For some reason, editing this post on mobile kept applying the spoiler tag on the edit. Couldn't remove it.

Message 10 of 11 (1,985 Views)