BFV Loadout restarting after game restart [PC]

by Felit_USF

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BFV Loadout restarting after game restart [PC]

★★★ Novice

Hello, from the launch of the game I am expiriencing very frustrating problem. Every time I restart the game, several leadout setting resets to default. For example: now I unlocked the new plane Ju-88 C, so I equipped it...then I quit the game. Following day, I go to match and I have equipped the stardart Ju-88 version instead of the C version I put there yesterday... wich was frustrating as I wanted to level it up. And this is basicly happening to all vehicle slots. Combat roles are restarting aswell, and visability of KillLog is also restarting itself to "hide" in Gameplay settings. 

Obviously the biggest issue are the vehicles as the rest can be solved in-game.
Thank you for hepling me out. 

Vít "Felit" Macák

Message 1 of 17 (798 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BFV Loadout restarting after game restart [PC]

Hero

Guess we have to find out why the Battlefield V client and perhaps the Origin client is having issues with accessing and overwriting certain files. Something could be restricting your Windows user from having proper access to the Battlefield V documents folder or the files in the folder.

First thing to try is probably to manually make sure Origin and the BFV .exe files are started as administrator by enabling that by rightclicking the origin and BattlefieldV .exe files and setting run as administrator in properties.

Another thing to try to rule out your current Windows user would be to simpy create another Windows user and see if it still happens.

Lastly, do you happen to have "Controlled Folder Access" enabled in Windows 10? It's under Windows Security --> Virus & Threat Protection

carbonic signature

View in thread

Message 13 of 17 (1,319 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @Felit_USF.

Let's see if we can track down what's going on here. How soon after equipping the plane did you log out? Did you set your equipment and then quit after that, or were there some games in between?

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 2 of 17 (757 Views)

★★★ Novice

I mostly play 2 or 3 games od conquest between equipping and logging of the game

Message 3 of 17 (753 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @Felit_USF, do any settings for you stick or is it just load-out for you that is not working? 

/Atic 

Message 4 of 17 (712 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello @EA_Atic
So I just ran a test... changed every possible setting in everythink I could (in-game options) and it turns out that litteraly everythink in GAMEPLAY settings changes to default after restart.
This should be the final list of thinks that changes to default after restart:
-Choice of Vehicles - both planes and tanks (both factions)
-Combat roles (all clases, both factions)
-Gameplay settings - including every single option (both Basic and Advance section)

(about the "test": Checked all the ingame settings, but non of the options out of "Gameplay" had not restarted to default after restarting; After I changed every single option I played 1 full conquest match(using the thinks that are getting restarted as much as possible). Then I turned off the game(without Quitting/signing out of Origin) and done some random stuff on web... after +-1 hour I started the game again and everythink listed above was restarted to default settings.)

Message 5 of 17 (693 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hmmm, @Felit_USF  so must be something with the document folder and Battlefield V that is not working as it should. 

@Carbonic Do you have an idea? 

/Atic 

Message 6 of 17 (681 Views)

Hero

First I would confirm that it's the settings file that is reverting or not being changed.

If you change a keyboard button, like change the reload to something else, does that that revert too?

If that reverts we need to find out what is doing it. The first I would rule out is third party applications and services by playing during a proper clean boot as described here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

If that works we know it's due to one of the things you turned off and if not it might be a Windows folder setting or Microsoft software like OneDrive we have to look at.

carbonic signature

Message 7 of 17 (669 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Carbonic Key bindings are working. Everythink outside of Gameplay options is working as it should.
Adding my setting files from C:\Users\Vítek\Documents\Battlefield V\settings  ...I dont know if it can help somehow :D 

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 8 of 17 (660 Views)

Hero

You have a PROFSAVE_tmp file even when the game is closed?

carbonic signature

Message 9 of 17 (653 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yes.
Message 10 of 17 (646 Views)