Re: BFV Loadout restarting after game restart [PC]

by Carbonic

Original Post

Hero

That would suggest the game has troubles changing overwriting the settings file with the changes made in the temp file once it tries to save it.

Try taking a backup of your settings folder so we can always undo what I now suggest. Then once you have made some changes and exited the game try deleting your PROFSAVE file and rename your tmp file that. Then check if the changes actually hold.

Does that work as a workaround? If so then we know it's a file writing issue and we can go from there.

carbonic signature

Message 11 of 17 (765 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Carbonic  YES, its works! I deleted the PROFSAVE and renamed PROFSAVE_tmp to PROFSAVE and it looks like the Gameplay settings is no longer restarting even after couple of restarts of the game.
But there is the _tmp file in the folder again.

Doesnt work for the vehicle loadout and Combat roles though (they are still restarting)

Message 12 of 17 (755 Views)

Hero

Guess we have to find out why the Battlefield V client and perhaps the Origin client is having issues with accessing and overwriting certain files. Something could be restricting your Windows user from having proper access to the Battlefield V documents folder or the files in the folder.

First thing to try is probably to manually make sure Origin and the BFV .exe files are started as administrator by enabling that by rightclicking the origin and BattlefieldV .exe files and setting run as administrator in properties.

Another thing to try to rule out your current Windows user would be to simpy create another Windows user and see if it still happens.

Lastly, do you happen to have "Controlled Folder Access" enabled in Windows 10? It's under Windows Security --> Virus & Threat Protection

carbonic signature

Message 13 of 17 (1,316 Views)

★★★ Novice

Somethink Definetly happend. I have set the bfv.exe and origin.exe to run as administrator...that didnt do anythink.

So I created a new Windows account and ran the game there, I changed the loadout and quited the game. Before I turned on the game again I set it to "ran as an administrator" wich caused not loading into game-menu at all (just black screen)...so I turned the "ran as an administrator" option off. I ran the game again and everythink was good. I restarted the game couple times to make sure... everythink was good as it should be. Then I went back to my primary Win account and started the game(as an administrator). I dont remember if I had to change my loadout and restart the game or not... but it was all fine then. I restarted the game, origin and PC to make sure it works. 
Now both gameplay settings and Loadout is still restarting but into diffrent "pattern" that I've probably somehow set today.
I will try to go to the 2nd Win account and se what happens...

Message 14 of 17 (731 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

and the "Controlled Folder Access" in the Windows settings is OFF

Message 15 of 17 (729 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

That sounds "fun" - let me know how it goes.

Windows permissions can be a pain to fix when something goes weirdly wrong. There's a reason most workplaces just formats the entire computer and flashes a fresh image onto the computer when it happens.

carbonic signature

Message 16 of 17 (702 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

So the 2nd Windows account works well. If I want to change the loadout I just switch to 2nd Win account and run BFV there. Change the stuff and quit the game and when back on the original WinAccount the loadout from 2nd acc is there and isnt restarting after game restarts.

If I'll have some time, I will try to "reinstall windows". But for now I am counting this as a fix.
Thank you for your support @Carbonic.

Message 17 of 17 (604 Views)