BFV Gets frame drop over time

by Killinzero_TTV

Original Post

Re: BFV Gets frame drop over time

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Killinzero_TTV  Try this.....Copy and past all of this to note pad and put it on your desktop...

When the time comes to install the video card driver you will be picking advanced you will only install two things from it for Nvidia cards 1- Graphics Driver 2- PhysX System and for AMD cards only check off display driver and catalyst control center. As well as check off CLEAN install

This is how you do a clean graphic driver clean install.........

Go download the free version of CC cleaner..

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Install CC Cleaner.....

Now use it to clean the registry, reboot PC and check the registry one last time for any issues. If it finds any repeat steps until it finds none. CC cleaner will give you the choice to back up or not and the first time you run it it is normal if it finds 80 + errors in the registry as every installed or uninstalled program will leave fragments behind in registry and CC Cleaner will clean this up.

Next

Start by downloading your graphic card drivers from here,

AMD; http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
NVidia; http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Download the one you have and save it on desktop, you are going to need it!

It is very normal for windows to install a video card driver on you this is why you must pick advanced then clean install when you get to the part to install the new video card driver. See part 2 step 2

1- press windows button,NOTE>>> Or just go to device manger and skip to step 5

2- right click my computer,

3- press property’s, you will get a new window here.

4- in the new window click device manger on your left side of the screen, you will get another new window here,

5- you will see in the latest window a list of devices you have in your computer, click on the arrow beside Display driver and a small fall down menu will show you what kind of graphic card you have.

6- left click on your (graphic card name) so it’s highlighted in blue,

7- right click (graphic card name) and press property’s, you will get a new small window here,

8- in the new small window click on Drivers, you will see the name between the tabs,

9- in the driver menu click on uninstall, you will now get a really small window that ask you if you’re really sure that you want to uninstall you’re graphic card drivers,

10- click ok, Reboot PC

Part 2.....

1- after you have started up/ rebooted your computer run CC Cleaner again on the registry to be sure it is all clean then do the new video card driver after. Once registry is clean click on your graphic card install file,

2- follow the instructions of your graphic card installer, Pick Custom / Advanced and only check off for Nvidia 1- Graphics Driver and PhysX System as well as check off clean install

2- for AMD card only check off display driver and catalyst control center as well as check off clean install

3- when you have Installed your new graphic card drivers restart / Reboot your computer, and clean registry one last time. On a side note to help keep a PC stable it it a good idea to run CC cleaner after you remove or install any program after a reboot.

4- you’re done.

Part 2....

First step open Nvidia Control panel under 3D settings go to Adjust image settings with preview

Pick use my preference and set it to performance and hit apply.

Next step in game video settings advanced .....

Make sure frame rate limiter is set to 200

future frame rendering- on

vertical sync- off

GPU memory restriction- off

Below set everything to custom or low

Under video Basic ....

motion blur set to 0

To see fps in game with no typing do this....

To see FPS in game with out fraps etc:
1- open note pad
2-put this in the note pad.....

perfoverlay.drawfps 1

Perfoverlay.fpsdisplayscale 4 <<< this can change to 3 or 2 or 1 depending how big or small you want it. 4 is large.
3-when you make the user.cfg in notepad,change the file type from text to all. And name it user.cfg
4-Put in .....:\Program Files\Origin Games\Battlefield 5
5-Also close Origin to put cfg in just to be safe :}
6-You will see your FPS in top right of screen when you start BF5

You should not need at all below stuff,,,

You can also use this page https://esports.exposed/bfv/best-battlefield-v-settings/ and add way more to this config to up your FPS even more see link or see below...

RenderDevice.Force
RenderAheadLimit 1
RenderDevice.TripleBufferingEnable 0
RenderDevice.VsyncEnable 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurForceOn 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurFixedShutterTime 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMax 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurQuality 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMaxSampleCount 0
WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapEnable 0
WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapResolution 32
WorldRender.TransparencyShadowmapsEnable 0
WorldRender.LightTileCsPathEnable 0
WorldRender.FilmicEffectsEnable 0
WorldRender.EmitterSunTransmittanceMapEnable 0
WorldRender.EmitterSunTransmittanceMapResolution 0
WorldRender.PlanarReflectionEnable 0
RenderDevice.Dx11Enable 1
RenderDevice.Dx11Dot1Enable 1
RenderDevice.Dx11Dot1RuntimeEnable 1
Render.DrawScreenInfo 0
PostProcess.ForceDofEnable 0
PostProcess.SpriteDofEnable 0
PostProcess.SpriteDofHalfResolutionEnable 0
PostProcess.DynamicAOEnable 0
PostProcess.ScreenSpaceRaytraceEnable 0
PostProcess.ScreenSpaceRaytraceDeferredResolveEnable 0
PostProcess.ScreenSpaceRaytraceSeparateCoverageEnable 0
PostProcess.ScreenSpaceRaytraceFullresEnable 0

Message 41 of 52 (5,638 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Update: Installed Ccleaner and did a registry clean and so far things are looking up. ive played about 5 rounds today without a hiccup, i even played some call of duty black ops4 ( that came was also noticeably effected too) and i was getting the frames i expected

Message 42 of 52 (1,095 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Killinzero_TTV Nice test for a day or two to be sure as well as the update is today in BFV so we will see what it brings as well.

Message 43 of 52 (1,080 Views)

Hero

So @Killinzero_TTV - did CCleaner solve your issue? I'm curious Standard smile

carbonic signature

Message 44 of 52 (1,047 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Carbonic i havent been able to try it out due to work. But im also hearing that the new patch tanked performance.  But we shall see

Message 45 of 52 (1,042 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Killinzero_TTV wrote:

@Carbonic i havent been able to try it out due to work. But im also hearing that the new patch tanked performance.  But we shall see

After every single patch BF have had since 1942, a thread claiming the patch has caused performance issues appear.
(Pretty much happens to every other game with triple-A graphics of this size too.)
Most of the time the performance drop doesn't exist or it's a local issue. I'm not saying that is the case this time but the trend is worth noticing.

In any case, feel free to ping me once you get the time Standard smile

carbonic signature

Message 46 of 52 (1,034 Views)

★★ Apprentice

will do @Carbonic

Message 47 of 52 (1,018 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Soo update, i believe that ive resolved my issue by cleaning my registry using Ccleaner and it hasnt tanked. but since the recent patch my frame had dropped so im going to wait for EA/Dice to do some optimization to the game

Message 48 of 52 (948 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Killinzero_TTV For now I marked the topic as solved on my CC cleaner / video card post you can always remove it if you don't agree. 

Message 49 of 52 (934 Views)