Re: BFV CRASH to desktop no message

by VladamirShootun

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice
Past 2 days its impossible to play.. After 2-3 mins crash without message. Yesterday somehow i managed to play 1 round without issues.
Message 21 of 39 (4,568 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

All my issues were fixed. Played 2 days, no problems. But that was short lived!

I posted further back in this thread about my same issues and a fix. I had to enable v-sync and disable g-sync. Lock the fps at 60 fps. game runs with no crashes.
Then comes the 12-12-18 update and that patch was what I needed to be able to go back to all of my original settings. g-sync on, in-game refresh set 144mhz (same as monitor) and everything was fine again..... until the latest 12-13-18 patch.
I'm back to square one. CTD is back and can't go above 60 fps in game without a 2 min in game crash.

Message 22 of 39 (4,509 Views)

★★★ Newbie

it was the 3d headset for me:eahigh_file:

thanks for the tip

set audio to default and no more crashes

Message 23 of 39 (4,285 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Had to disable DX12 and Future Frame Rendering. Nothing else stops the crashes. I'm stuck with pretty terrible frames despite a 1080ti, kinda disappointed. Devil

Message 24 of 39 (4,018 Views)

★ Novice

did we FCKN PAY FOR THIS?

Message 25 of 39 (3,931 Views)

★★ Novice
DX12 may be the cause; or overclocking. 2 things I've changed recently but just now getting the crash to desktop without warning. Will switch back to DX11
Message 26 of 39 (3,316 Views)

★ Guide

I have tried every possible fix there is out there. Nothing works. Switching back to DX11 will seem to work for awhile. And then, like a cancer the problem is back. And becomes more and more frequent to the point of frustration and anger. I have an AMD system. Ryzen 1700, w/Vega 64, liquid cooled CPU, 32gig RAM (cooling fins on them). It doesn't matter if I roll back the AMD Radeon drivers, doesn't matter if I have FFR on or off. These changes may work for a awhile (days, or maybe even weeks) but, eventually the crash to desktop starts happening. Once it does, it happens with greater frequency. EA/Dice should be looking into this and trying to find a solution. Work with MS. As it may be a Windows issue. We all know how MS is with updates....1 step forward, 2 steps back.

Message 27 of 39 (3,167 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I had the same issue.
My resolution was to activate the Windows page file again.
I deactivated it after I upgraded to 32 GB RAM, but it seems this game need a Windows page file anyway.
Message 28 of 39 (3,079 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Dice gave up before they even started fixing so you should too. Just buy no new battlefield.They are collecting dxdiags since release and 0 reply or fix.

I had it fixed for about 1 month by getting a special combination of bios version and chipset drivers but the newest bfv update (the little one after Mercury) EAed it up again.

This game is a mental prank.

Message 29 of 39 (2,940 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
@marpla78 I've just downloaded BF V again. But have not been able to play it due to it crashing EVERY time. At first it was not even loading passed origin screen, then after clearing the cache several times and deleting Origin the reinstalling am able to load the game up until the Special holiday collection screen then it crashes, without fail everytime
Message 30 of 39 (2,054 Views)