BF5 will not launch

by Darktrooper4

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BF5 will not launch

★ Novice

OK I am getting tired of this game and I have only owned it for a few weeks. game was laggy and had lots of FPS drops, poor optimization on certain maps and now after a clean install on my computer after starting completely over (wiped hard drive, clean windows) the game will not launch. game ran before but for some reason will not launch now. EVERYTHING IS UP TO DATE. all drivers are up to date, been double and triple checked. tried deleting the bf5 doc folder, still wont launch, tried adjusting compatibility, no launch. not even an error on screen, just fails to launch.
like I said everything is up to date. this is the second fresh install of origin and BF5 that I have done with zero results to fix this issue. if this does not get fix I will be looking for a refund because paying for a product that does not even work is not right.

Message 1 of 9 (17,697 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BF5 will not launch

Hero (Retired)

Hey @Darktrooper4,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue.

I see you've already done some troubleshooting steps to resolve this, thanks for the information.

I have some other steps that may help with this issue:

1. Clean Boot: https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

2. Make sure you're running DX11 and not DX12

3. Try turning off Origin in-game Overlay in the Origin Launcher, and any other Overlays you may be using(Discord, Nvidia GeForce Experience, etc)

4. Run Origin and the Battlefield V exe File as Administrator

5. Run CCleaner: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-use-ccleaner-to-fix-pc-issues/

Let us know if any of these help.

Thank you Standard smile 

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (17,655 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hey @Darktrooper4,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue.

I see you've already done some troubleshooting steps to resolve this, thanks for the information.

I have some other steps that may help with this issue:

1. Clean Boot: https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

2. Make sure you're running DX11 and not DX12

3. Try turning off Origin in-game Overlay in the Origin Launcher, and any other Overlays you may be using(Discord, Nvidia GeForce Experience, etc)

4. Run Origin and the Battlefield V exe File as Administrator

5. Run CCleaner: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-use-ccleaner-to-fix-pc-issues/

Let us know if any of these help.

Thank you Standard smile 

★★★ Novice

I was having the same issue.. I went to My Documents folder.... BF5...  Setting...opened it and deleted the PROFSAVE_profile file. It regened a new one and BF 5 opened fine.. Just had to redo all my settings is all but at least it opens now. 

Message 3 of 9 (17,382 Views)

★ Novice

Non of these thigns have help me pls help same problem

Message 4 of 9 (17,339 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So mine started crashing around November 2019 update (Windows 1909). I decided to rebuild the PC, formatted the drives, installed fresh new Windows 1909, newest Nvidia 441.20. Game crashed when you join multiplayer (start game, not just menu). No error thrown, other than nvwgf2umx.dll. Best part, I did this on TWO Separate PCs! (my backup gaming PC was overdue)...

Same behavior, two freshly installed Windows 10 PCs and BFV. Totally different hardware, Nvidia card, etc. ...

So has anyone figured (or at least reported the issue to BF Devs), because crap like CC Cleaner is sure not relevant...?! 

Message 5 of 9 (16,085 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i love you, no *

Message 6 of 9 (14,984 Views)

★ Novice

Since the Reinstallation didn't work for me I am going to try your documents idea...Hope it works

Message 7 of 9 (12,810 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@genturgisdsin can you share your bf5 document folder with me?
Message 8 of 9 (8,996 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Battlefield, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 9 of 9 (8,979 Views)