BF5 freezing my whole computer

by Sammmster

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BF5 freezing my whole computer

★★★ Novice

I havent been able to play bf5 for some months now coz it just freeze my whole computer. Sometimes I could play it for hours but last 100 times or so I could play less then 5min. Too many time it freez after less then minute.

Ive provided DxDiag with this.

Ive playd that game about 100h without problem. Problems started about 3 months ago. I havent made any changes to my hardware. I can understand there is allways bugs etc what make programs/games to crash but this really annoying bug does freez my whole computer and nothing isnt helping except hard reset.

It is expensive game and I cant play it. What to do? Ive browsed net for solutions and have try about 89653485 of them and nothing helps.

Message 1 of 6 (580 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BF5 freezing my whole computer

Community Manager

@Sammmster 

Under your Windows Error Reporting in the DxDiag there was a Windows Update error. Can you try updating to the latest version of Windows 10 and then right-click on BFV in Origin to select "repair."

Let us know if you're still having some trouble or found a solution to it freezing on you. Thumbs up

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (473 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@Sammmster  What have you already tried? Did you try to run a clean boot on your PC, reinstall your graphics driver using DDU?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_XVJLgqo3qvZW1xZHlUNDB5Z1U/view?usp=sharing

Also, clearing Origin cache and disabling all overlays like Origin in-game, Discord overlay and other might also help.

Message 2 of 6 (562 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have installed graphics drivers wit ddu. Uninstalled/installed game, cache is clean and I dont use overlays. I really cant remeber what have I done, its some times ago before I just quit drying. I have searched ours and ours for help and done every most common tricks that I have found.

Wierd is that it was working for long without any problems. When problems started it was 1st at sometimes. Now I cant play even minute even if I can get into game.

Please help =D

Message 3 of 6 (537 Views)

Champion (Retired)

At this stage i would like to suggest doing a clean boot of the PC and check if all cables are still connected and all is secured tightly as they should, also maybe remove all unnecessary external PC peripherals and reset the BIOS to defaults.

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

EA Champion

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA
Message 4 of 6 (529 Views)

Community Manager

@Sammmster 

Under your Windows Error Reporting in the DxDiag there was a Windows Update error. Can you try updating to the latest version of Windows 10 and then right-click on BFV in Origin to select "repair."

Let us know if you're still having some trouble or found a solution to it freezing on you. Thumbs up

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 6 (474 Views)

★★★ Novice

After youre reply I was supprise to see how many updates have been not installed correctly without any notice from OS. I have my computer allways on and updates shoul be made at night.

Well... I updated all what wasnt updated...

And for my supprise BF5 started to work!!! Tho Ive played it only for an hour or two yes but I think this solved all the problems. Thank you Blueberry, you rock <3 !!!!

Message 6 of 6 (432 Views)