Re: BF5 Updates have to happen twice

by Carbonic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BF5 Updates have to happen twice

Howdy!

So I've noticed that every time I have to update BF5, I'm unable to launch the game. I've found that I have to click "Repair Game". Once the files are verified- the complete download begins again. After the second download, the game usually launches. I have no idea why this happens, and it's fairly frustrating given the fact that the maximum download speed I seem to be able to achieve on Origin is about 5Mb/s even though I'm on a Gigabit Fiber connection. If anyone has any tips, I'd love to hear them. I've been wanting to play BF5 since I got off work but it's been downloading- slowly but surely- again. 

Message 1 of 4 (744 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Perhaps a reinstall of Origin is what you need.

carbonic signature

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (695 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Hello!

Hey, i had this problem a couple weeks back. Where BFV would update as usual once a patch drops however, i got the same error your experiencing. What i did to fix BFV was do a complete  uninstall and BFV, then reinstall it. Once it was done installing i did a ''Repair Game''. Had no problems ever since. Hopefully this works for you.

Message 2 of 4 (727 Views)

Yea that works for me, too, but I have to do it every time there's an update. It's pretty irritating

Message 3 of 4 (717 Views)

Hero

Perhaps a reinstall of Origin is what you need.

carbonic signature

Message 4 of 4 (696 Views)