Re: BF5 Tracking Oddities

by GanbanGremlin

Original Post

BF5 Tracking Oddities

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

It would appear that the assignments/challenges fail to track at times because they weren't properly integrated into the original base game are are occasionally prevented from executing properly.

Another thing I must point out about Last Tiger's failure to unlock the skin is that it apparently uses at least two different locations to track the challenges.  In the chapter selection for Tiger's Bite it says I have the 175m tank kill done but not the no repair completion in the chapter selection but when I start the chapter it says the total inverse, that I finished without repairing but didn't get the 175m tank kill.  I did both on my first run of the story.

Over in MP ToW, I often find that challenges/assignments don't even show up in the "pause" menu when I try to check my progress, sometimes not even showing up on the main ToW menu.

Message 1 of 5 (821 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@GanbanGremlin 

Here is the workaround to the bug 

For PC you can try this:*

1. Documents->Battlefield V->settings - Move all files out to desktop,
  2. Disable Cloud Saves and start game,
  3. Do the mission,
  4. Close game and put files back.

*For PS4 you can try this:*

1. Export the game save files to an USB drive.
  2. Delete the game save files in the console.
  3. Start the game. You'll have to adjust contrast and play again the intro.
  4. Now, play the War Story and complete the bugged challenge. It will show correctly achieved.
  5. Close the game, and restore the game save files from the USB to the console.
  6. Start the game, and you'll have your reward at the armory.

*For Xbox it would similar:*

1. You would need to move the saved file from the Xbox to a USB stick,
  2. Clear local and cloud saves for BFV. (This wont remove multi player data)
  3. Start the game. You'll have to adjust contrast and play again the intro.
  4. Now, play the War Story and complete the bugged challenge. It will show correctly achieved.
  5. lose the game, and restore the game save files from the USB to the console.
  6. Start the game, and you'll have your reward at the armory. 

Best regards!

Manny
--------------- Please make sure to Accept Solutions and give XP if I provided you with assistance.

Message 2 of 5 (799 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

"Fixes" the problem by erasing the locally tracked progress, any progress that wasn't saved to the server is lost and it does not guarantee that the progress will properly be tracked.  You can't really call that a fix any more than you can call save scumming a fix for a bad drop-rate from a unique.

Message 3 of 5 (736 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hey @GanbanGremlin,

Have you tried the Steps that @samurai_manny has provided for you, for the Last Tiger Skin?

Also, for the Tides of War Assignments, this is a known issue that they are not Tracking correctly:

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/9vclld/battlefield_vs_known_issues_list/

However, you can contact EA Support, and they should be able to assist you with unlocking this Weapon.

You can contact them here:

Let them know you've been working on this Week's Tides of War Assignment, and progress is not tracking for you.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Standard smile 

★★★ Apprentice

I'm not reporting that the problem exists, im reporting what the problem is.  i know they know the exists, but they apparently cant figure out what's causing it and how to fix it.  And even with them knowing the problem exists, any programmer worth their pay should pay attention to reports of known problems instead of discourage them, the more information they have, the better they can pinpoint the actual problem and fix it properly instead of just slapping on impromptu fix after impromptu fix.

Instead, what we're seeing is they found a way to get things to work, no matter how slip-shod, and appear to be pushing that while people shut out all further information.

I dont have a problem with the ToW challenges, not right now anyway, but LT keeps screwing up in exactly the same way.  Their "fix" isn't working for that one.  The only thing the ToW tracking has robbed me of is the Ratburner helmet, which they really should just hand out to everyone that played that week.

Message 5 of 5 (687 Views)