Re: [BF5] Game won't launch

by EA_Barry

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BF5] Game won't launch

★★ Novice

Hey guys,

I've been browsing the forums and can't seem to find anyone with the exact problem I have, that's why I'm making a topic.

[My problem]: Battlefield V won't launch. When i try to launch it, a windowed screen will pop up(just like in BF1) and it will give me the error "this game has stopped working".

BF1 will run perfect.

I've tried alot of things already:

- update drives(grapihic and intel);

- repair file;

- run as administrator;

- reinstall BF5 on 2 different drives;

- update windows.

I attached my dxdiag file. I know a little bit about computers, so i don't know how much that file can help.

Also the crash report files(I hope these are the right ones:

Faulting application name: bfv.exe, version: 1.0.67.38148, time stamp: 0x5be4b75f
Faulting module name: AnselSDK64.dll_unloaded, version: 1.5.427.0, time stamp: 0x5a6a32e8
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000002470
Faulting process id: 0x1700
Faulting application start time: 0x01d481b10ee539f2
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield V\bfv.exe
Faulting module path: AnselSDK64.dll
Report Id: 52f8c4be-eda4-11e8-828c-74d435b8d4d2
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I hope I hereby provided enough information
Message 1 of 9 (6,363 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@jm3Q

Can I ask you to run your video driver setup again but this time choose the Advanced install, deselect the optional 3D and GeForce Experience components and also tick the box for Clean Install and then retry after that process is done and you have rebooted?

Thanks.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 9 (6,315 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@jm3Q

It is possible you are running the game directly via the desktop icon, can you instead right click on the Origin desktop icon, Run as an Administrator and then launch the game from within the Origin client.

Let us know if this helps you at all, thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 9 (6,347 Views)

★★ Novice
No this unfortunately does not work either.
Message 3 of 9 (6,340 Views)

Community Manager

@jm3Q

Can I ask you to run your video driver setup again but this time choose the Advanced install, deselect the optional 3D and GeForce Experience components and also tick the box for Clean Install and then retry after that process is done and you have rebooted?

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 4 of 9 (6,316 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I having this same issue. The bfv.exe game launches, there is a black window (not maximized yet) and then crashes a few seconds later. The only error message is in the Windows event log. I tried CCleaner and every other guide I could find. I tried reinstalling the graphics driver as suggested here without optional 3D and GeForce Experience components. I've also installed the game fresh on multiple drives. After restarting I still get the same error:

Faulting application name: bfv.exe, version: 1.0.68.32584, time stamp: 0x5c1007a4
Faulting module name: AnselSDK64.dll_unloaded, version: 1.5.427.0, time stamp: 0x5a6a32e8
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000002470
Faulting process id: 0xb0bc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d49d303679ccf7
Faulting application path: I:\Origin Games\Battlefield V\bfv.exe
Faulting module path: AnselSDK64.dll
Report Id: cc42451d-ff4f-499d-ab4d-3bd9b5975f02
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Message 5 of 9 (5,825 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem here

Message 6 of 9 (5,797 Views)

★★ Novice
Hello guys i have found the solution for my case. It may sound odd, but my screen that im playing with, a Dell UltraSharp U2414H, made my game do the black screen thingy.

I have tried alot, and for some stupid reason my 2nd monitor, a benQ, does work.

Try it out! if it doesnt work after that, hey, atleast you tried Wink.
Message 7 of 9 (5,745 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Mine happened similar when I go to start battlefield 5 in the PS4 menu it says error so I deleted it to re install it but now it says I need to download battlefield 1 dlc and when I do it says error again
Message 8 of 9 (4,606 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hey @kyletbeck that is odd, make sure that you are on the right account with the games. 

And try power cycle and if that doesn't work restore license  That should help out. Standard smile 

/Atic 
Message 9 of 9 (4,558 Views)