BF5 Freesync settings

by pingwin2k

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BF5 Freesync settings

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

How to enable Freesync settings in Battlefield 5 ?

With my current settings I have screen tearing, sometimes it crushes to desktop without any error report.

Hardware: 9400F, ASUS PRIME Z370-P, Crucial Ballistics 2x8GB 3200Mhz,

Monitor Samsung S27H850QFI (2560-1440, 60Hz) Standart freesync ON,  Sapphire 5700 PULSE freesync is also ON in driver,

WIN 10 PRO x64

In game settings

BF5 – DX12 ON, HDR OFF, framerate limiter 60 (or 200), future frame rendering OFF, Vsync OFF,  GPU memory restriction ON,  graphics quality ULTRA

Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 4 (4,632 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BF5 Freesync settings

★★ Apprentice

Hey Pingwin2k,

Here's an interesting piece of information in regards to Freesync functionality that many are misinformed about within the pc community. V-Sync should always be set to ON in all games and set to application controlled via Radeon settings and frame rate limiter should (if available in game) always be set to your monitors refresh rate and if not available in game, should be set within Radeon settings game profile. This is by design and can be verified by speaking to someone on the Radeon driver team. You can speak to AMD_Matt over at the AMD community forums if you'd like verification. He's always quite pleasant and willing to explain anything you may need clarification on in detail.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (4,605 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice

Hey Pingwin2k,

Here's an interesting piece of information in regards to Freesync functionality that many are misinformed about within the pc community. V-Sync should always be set to ON in all games and set to application controlled via Radeon settings and frame rate limiter should (if available in game) always be set to your monitors refresh rate and if not available in game, should be set within Radeon settings game profile. This is by design and can be verified by speaking to someone on the Radeon driver team. You can speak to AMD_Matt over at the AMD community forums if you'd like verification. He's always quite pleasant and willing to explain anything you may need clarification on in detail.

Message 2 of 4 (4,606 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you for reply and info. Finally I enabled Ehanced sync in AMD driver, now all is ok.

But I was really surprised, if I need to enable V-Syn or Ehanced sync finally, where is the advantage in Freesync?

Message 3 of 4 (4,561 Views)

★★★ Guide

You enable FreeSync or GSync in the VGA driver.

You also should enable VSync in BFV.

A bit more explanation and impact on imput lag:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAFuiBTFo5E

Message 4 of 4 (4,533 Views)