AMD or Nvidia Model Number AMD RX570
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Breakthrough
Please select your region Europe
On which server did this happen? Several
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Various days but latest 18/01/20 @ 15:50
Summarize your bug When playing any online multiplayer match I get 10-15 minutes into a game and then the game freezes for 2 seconds and closes, I haven't played through an entire match as of yet. Luckily it creates a crash dump file, but I'm afraid I'm not skilled enough to study it, but I have run a cmd prompt and managed to copy the contents of the dump file into the compose part of this thread. If it helps, the same crash issue appears to affect BF1 also...
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use my computer for a play through... or check my crash dump.
What happens when the bug occurs? Complete game shut down
What should be happening instead? Game continues and I have a great experience

Hope someone can help me eventually enjoy this great game!

2 Dumpfiles and contents of which have been attached.

Here's what I've tried so far:

Uninstalling MSI Afterburner.

Deleting Origins Cache.

Updated BIOS

Updated windows

Updated drivers

Not sure what else I can do, apart from analyse dump files and figure it out that way.

Message 1 of 7 (724 Views)

Accepted Solution

Betreff: BF5 Crashes to desktop within 20 minutes

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Atic 

Thanks for the replies guys, I've been busy with a newborn and full time work so replies have been slow, however I have managed to resolve the issue.

So I tried everything that you all suggested and everything that was suggested via other forums - Nothing... Nothing worked. I even have crashes with every other game, Borderlands 3, BF1, BF4 and Transport Fever 2.

I often had a BSOD on exiting games and in general just playing them.

But... I read somewhere that it could be my RAMs XMP Profile, now reluctant to underclock my RAM as it'll run at 1066mhz as apposed to 1600mhz (the memory is capable of speeds of up to 3200mhz, but mobo is capable of only 2133mhz) I decided to try every other troubleshooting issue, only to eventually turn off the XMP Profiling, for it to now work with every game and my problem is now FIXED!! 

Now.... now to get myself one of those lovely X570 motherboards...

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (569 Views)

All Replies

Re: BF5 Crashes to desktop within 20 minutes

★★★ Expert
@Johnnymcboy Hi John, you could try to repair the game through Origin. It at least does not do any harm.

"Repair Game checks your game's installation and then automatically downloads any replacement or missing files. If there are any file issues or corrupt files, it will replace them or download them again.
Select My Game Library in Origin.
Right-click on the game tile.
Select Repair Game."
Message 2 of 7 (705 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Johnnymcboy Hi, please try the newest AMD drivers 20.1.3. There is fixed a crash problem. Works good for me so far.
Message 3 of 7 (664 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi! 

Updated drivers, will give it a test run shortly, it crashed a while ago but haven't tried since, so know the problem is still at large. 

Message 4 of 7 (658 Views)

EA DICE Team
@Johnnymcboy seen some comment that the latest drivers not working the best with BFV can you try an older driver for your GPU.

/Atic
Message 5 of 7 (581 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Atic 

Thanks for the replies guys, I've been busy with a newborn and full time work so replies have been slow, however I have managed to resolve the issue.

So I tried everything that you all suggested and everything that was suggested via other forums - Nothing... Nothing worked. I even have crashes with every other game, Borderlands 3, BF1, BF4 and Transport Fever 2.

I often had a BSOD on exiting games and in general just playing them.

But... I read somewhere that it could be my RAMs XMP Profile, now reluctant to underclock my RAM as it'll run at 1066mhz as apposed to 1600mhz (the memory is capable of speeds of up to 3200mhz, but mobo is capable of only 2133mhz) I decided to try every other troubleshooting issue, only to eventually turn off the XMP Profiling, for it to now work with every game and my problem is now FIXED!! 

Now.... now to get myself one of those lovely X570 motherboards...

Message 6 of 7 (570 Views)

EA DICE Team

Awesome to hear @Johnnymcboy . Standard smile 

X570 motherboards are very nice seeing as Amd is stepping up big time over Intel at the moment. Standard smile 

/Atic 

Message 7 of 7 (525 Views)