Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

BF5 Crash Issue

by petex8989

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BF5 Crash Issue

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

BF5 crashes every time I play. Usually, after 5-10 minutes of gameplay, the game crashes with almost always no error report. I did once get DirectX error, but it said that id either removed my card or the driver stopped functioning. I've tried redownloading the entire game, redownloading visual studio, edited the windows registry, uninstalled and reinstalled all my graphics drivers, and turn off the overclock I had on my GPU. So far nothing has worked. I have an 8700k and a 1070 TI so my specs are not the issue. I've talked to EA support but nothing they recommended helped. Anyone else have this problem?

Message 1 of 22 (12,371 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BF5 Crash Issue

★★★★ Novice

Same problem here, I fixed it by removing the overclock on my GPU (GTX 1080), and my overclock was stable, I played over 100hrs of BF1 with my OC settings. Also, my card is not overheating. Please DICE fix this

View in thread

Message 15 of 22 (14,133 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice
I have also had the same problem! Not quite sure where to start! Never had this issue with BF1 (occasionally the audio used to cut out but nothing too serious).
Message 2 of 22 (12,358 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

The same here, had some problems with destiney and wow as well, where the game was stuttering some times. Was thinking because of some Maleware problem? Annyway i reinstalled my pc with a legit Windows 10 pro and a legit kaspersky security 2019, clean drivers from NVidea and my mainboard. Resetted the bios by replacing the battery, picked up my card from the mainboard and put it back in, made the PC dustfree.

It helped, the stottering does not happen in Battlefield 5 but like 10 minuts a go i was playing domination and my game just shut down. Got no error nothing. It was the first one tho, never had it in BF1 either. Got a GTX 1080, Ryzen 1600, 16GB 2933Mhz ram and a Corsair RM550x PSU . If you read the web you see a lot of problem with the 10xx cards tho.

Message 3 of 22 (12,329 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Have you tried the following?

Open up "NVIDIA Control Panel" -> from the NVIDIA Control Panel, select the "Manage3D settings" from the left column -> click on the Power management mode drop down box and select "Prefer Maximum Performance".

Seen this on GTX 1080s, another option is to disable DX12 from ingame

You can also see if disabling or reducing any overclocks are causing issues.  My friend had an issue with a RTX 2070 that was crashing until he removed all the overclocks from his GPU, CPU and Memory.

Message 4 of 22 (12,309 Views)

Community Manager

@petex8989@punisher1711@ZanoBeast

This sounds like hardware overheating. You can check if this is the case by using a hardware monitoring app such as any one of the following to check on your hardware temperatures among many other metrics:

Speecy (easiest to use), EVGA Precision, MSI Afternburner

Let us know what you find, thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a post Answers your question please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Thank you for sharing your gaming expertise with your fellow players!
Message 5 of 22 (12,294 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No overheating - GPU at 44c and CPU at 50c 

CPU usage at 44% during game and plenty of RAM available.

Event log:

Faulting application name: bfv.exe, version: 1.0.67.38148, time stamp: 0x5be4b75f
Faulting module name: bfv.exe, version: 1.0.67.38148, time stamp: 0x5be4b75f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000507db64
Faulting process id: 0x36ac
Faulting application start time: 0x01d481bec3aaf9f7
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield V\bfv.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield V\bfv.exe
Report Id: 76f07dc1-8244-409d-b3e9-3faeee980f08
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Message 6 of 22 (12,224 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Tried this but to no avail.
Message 7 of 22 (12,223 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Yeah probarly a issue with the heatsinks of the hardware. Well i think my PC needed to get used of it is dust free ect. Yesterday night i played the game verry smoothly and it didnt freeze or anything. There was 1 thing tho i have solved tho, mabey this problem also did the game crashes ? My latency was like 300 ping. I did the next steppes https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/connection-troubleshooting-advanced-pc/

I did al steppes, but i think the most important thing was to disabling my onedrive. Also when i monitorred my network with kaspersky, onedrive connection were eating like half of my connecting, so i made a rule to block al these connections.  My ping is 18-30 now on 64 men servers. Gues my problem is solved, if it crash again i will yell it out here Standard smile

There is 1 more thing i did, but i dont think that fixed the issue. I turned rapid on from my SSD, you need to instal a firmwire update for AHCI tho. You can do that with the magican software from samsung. BTW when my game was crashing during playing domination, i just putted my DX 11 to DX 12. 

Message 8 of 22 (12,179 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Having the same exact issue. Just crashes without warning when playing online. Never happened before the latest update so maybe something has happened there? Not enjoying this game at all now because of this.

Message 9 of 22 (12,100 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Definately not an overheatig problem my system is water cooled and everything stays well below 50°C

This is the error message windows puts out:

Faulting application name: bfv.exe, version: 1.0.67.38148, time stamp: 0x5be4b75f
Faulting module name: bfv.exe, version: 1.0.67.38148, time stamp: 0x5be4b75f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000009969bef
Faulting process ID: 0xb44
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4840b1dfca452
Faulting application path: C:\Origin\Battlefield V\bfv.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Origin\Battlefield V\bfv.exe
Report ID: 914d49e6-c587-4941-ba9e-fd9cf8e29b89
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Tried everything form different graphics settings to different Windows versions nothing helped

Message 10 of 22 (11,926 Views)

fifa-19-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help