BF2042 doesn't launch after Easy Anti Cheat (EA app & Origin)

by FarbodGreen

Original Post

BF2042 doesn't launch after Easy Anti Cheat (EA app & Origin)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Unfortunately I've been experiencing this issue since last week,
I've done everything I could find on internet regarding this weird instance.

Every time I try to open the game either on EA app or Origin, after loading the saved data, EAC opens and loads all the way to the end, and then after about 10seconds or so it close down and the EA app or Origin app opens back up again.

I did all the cache clean up, changing game folder location, did the repair EAC method, checked all the drivers update on graphic and windows, etc. but still can't access the game which is frustrating.

the DxDiag is included if by any chance that might help with understanding the situation.
also to mention something I saw just once happening, was an error after doing the repair or something like that (unfortunately I cant remember when that happened), which was error code 30005 after EAC loaded with a long list of .exe in details. (attached a screenshot and a list text of it)

Message 1 of 47 (11,554 Views)

Re: BF2042 doesn't launch after Easy Anti Cheat (EA app & Origin)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I might have found the solution...

there are several factors to fix this issue.

Solution 1
you need to gain permission on all the related app. the easiest way I found on YouTube is to do this is to download a free app called TakeOwnershipPro and gain the permission for all the file and folders of EA and Origin. Also the folder where the game is installed.
download link: https://www.top-password.com/take-ownership-pro.html
(download and use at your own risk)

at this point, if you are still unable to launch the game, continue with step 2

Solution 2
I suspect the reason that EAC (easy anti cheat) is closing and prevent the game from launching, is that it detects some files as cheat files or something unacceptable by the EAC. for me it was a .dll file created by a VPN/Proxy application I used.

in order to find the files EAC is detecting, u need to
1. connect to the internet & log into EA app or Origin app (I did it in origin, but I don't think that matters)
2 .then before launching the game, disconnect all the internet connections from your system, and then launch the game.
3. after a few seconds you might get a message about not being able to sync saved data. just continue and click on play anyway or anything that lets you launch the game.
4. then EAC will appear and load all the way to the end and then it might close and you get a notification message telling you which file was causing the problem.

(normally when you are connected to the internet, this message doesn't show up. but instead the EA app or Origin opens back up without any errors.)
5. when you found out which file is detected by EAC, do a simple search on google to see if that file is related to any specific application that you can uninstall. if its possible, uninstall that application and check if the game launches this time.

Solution 3 by the user "RealZeupiter"

1. turning off game launch as administrator in game files for both 2042.exe and the anticheat.
2. Then go into the properties of 2042.exe > Digital Signatures > double clicked on the EA digital signature > View certificate > install certificate and just clicked next so it install on the default settings. do the same thing for the anticheat in the game folder.

just to give you more information, I'm using windows 11. so depending on the OS you are using, the notifications you get during this process might be in a whole different way which I'm not familiar with.

please let us know if either solutions which worked for me also works for you so others can also find a way to play the game.

Message 2 of 47 (11,450 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@FarbodGreen When disconnected from the internet, it still opens up EA app. I am not getting a notification
Message 3 of 47 (11,366 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@torj8000yes it does, but before the EA or Origin app opens, i got a message about a .dll file and it's location as an untrusted system file. after I uninstalled the program which created that file, the game launched without any problem.

i managed to take a screenshot of the notification. take a look

Message 4 of 47 (11,347 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@FarbodGreen How soon after did you get it? Because I feel like I waited quite a while.
Also do I have to reclaim the folders again and again. Or is it a one time thing, do I keep the program open etc.?
Message 5 of 47 (11,335 Views)

★★ Novice

Here's what I did. 

The first thing I did was turning off game launch as administrator in game files for both 2042.exe and the anticheat. The game still wouldn't launch after I did that so I went into the properties of 2042.exe > Digital Signatures > double clicked on the EA digital signature > View certificate > install certificate and I just clicked next so it installed on the default settings. I did the same thing for the anticheat in the game folder. (The reason I thought of doing this was because I also play Fifa 23 on my laptop and there was a problem where the game also would not start unless the digital signature was installed.) I also did step 2 in your response. I opened both epic games launcher and the origin app, turned on airplane mode and launched the game. The anticheat launched this time and once it loaded the game launched. I simply turned off airplane mode and was able to play. I closed the game and tried launching it again to see if there would be any issues but it seems to be working fine now. 

Message 6 of 47 (11,329 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@torj8000 just right after the EAC closed, the message popped up and I jumped back in Origin (as usually happens with this issue).
(the EAC loading screen takes almost 10-20 seconds I guess)

I think it's better to reclaim the folders before opening the app.
and there are many EA, Electronic Arts, Origin and Easy Anti Cheat folders inside Program Files, Program Files (x86), Users>Appdata> Local & Roaming. make sure to reclaim them all just in case.

Message 7 of 47 (11,316 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

So I just restarted my laptop and tried launching the game to see if it would work and it didn't. The game would not launch again after I restarted my laptop. So I did step 2 of your post and that got it to launch again. I guess I'll just have to launch the game in airplane mode every time I want to play the game. This also makes me think that the whole part where I did the digital signatures in the properties might have not made a difference.  

Also when I did step 2, EAC did not give me a notification message telling if any or which file was causing the problem. The game simply launched after the EAC loaded. 

Message 8 of 47 (11,311 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@RealZeupiter i`m glad that you at least could find a way to launch the game. this is really weird and each player have a different solution that only works for them. but overall, i think the main cause of this issue is the EAC detecting random files as untrusted and maybe if you are able to launch the game in airplane mode, is because EAC doesn't send any data to check for the untrusted files.
Message 9 of 47 (11,301 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@FarbodGreen For me it worked saturday night, but then windows updates over night and now it doesn't work agian. Usually it worked uninstalling the updates, but not anymore. Have had the issue for pretty much a month now, so soon giving up and just waiting for EA to eventually fix it
Message 10 of 47 (11,250 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help