BF2 Unplayable after changing monitor!

by irkgreen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BF2 Unplayable after changing monitor!

★ Novice

I just switched to a new monitor (Dell U4919DW). It is 5120x1440 resolution. BF2 is completely unplayable now. Other games play fine (Wolfenstein, borderlands 2 - even at that resolution). The strange thing is that the BF2 opening splash screens and the menus are very choppy too. Playing a game is so choppy that I cannot do anything. I tried Geforce XP's optimized settings. I've tried a lower resolution and lower frame rate, but fear something else might be at play. Any ideas? PC specs attached as well as GeForce's optimized settings. 

Message 1 of 2 (1,211 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BF2 Unplayable after changing monitor!

★ Novice

Solved it! Turned off DX12 until there is a patch. My guess is my old monitors didn't use the dual GPU when playing BF2 but when I switched to the ultrawide, the dual GPU was used (GeForce 2080 Ti)??? Not sure if this is the correct answer, but it works now.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-battlefront-ii/troubleshoot-star-wars-battlefront...

Funny enough, my friend tried BF2 on his work PC with the same ultrawide monitor and it played fine. Assuming his PC doesn't have dual GPUs or wasn't using DX12.

Hope this helps others!

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (1,153 Views)

All Replies

Re: BF2 Unplayable after changing monitor!

★ Novice

Solved it! Turned off DX12 until there is a patch. My guess is my old monitors didn't use the dual GPU when playing BF2 but when I switched to the ultrawide, the dual GPU was used (GeForce 2080 Ti)??? Not sure if this is the correct answer, but it works now.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-battlefront-ii/troubleshoot-star-wars-battlefront...

Funny enough, my friend tried BF2 on his work PC with the same ultrawide monitor and it played fine. Assuming his PC doesn't have dual GPUs or wasn't using DX12.

Hope this helps others!

Message 2 of 2 (1,154 Views)