Re: I made it bit unclear when I said BF2. I meant Battlefron...

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BF2 Epic Games does not Launch

★★ Novice

This is my first time trying to play this game after getting it free on Epic and no matter what I try the game won't launch, it just starts Epic Launcher and Origin then nothing happens and doesn't pop up in task manager (yet Epic says that the game is running). I've talked to EA Help for around 2 hours and they've been no help. I don't know what causing it because I have the same computer as my friend just a different motherboard and SSD and his game opens and runs fine. I was able to launch the game with a older version of Origin that the modding community uses but I'm not trying to use mods and the friends list doesn't appear when I use it. I've tried almost every fix online except for changing BIOS but I don't believe BIOS is the issue if the game could run with that older version of Origin. I've had a bad time with Origin games not launching with games to the point where I have never actually been able to launch a game from Origin itself. If anyone has had a similar issue and knows a fix help would be appreciated! 

System Specs (if needed)

GPU: NVidia GeForce 1660 Super

CPU: Intel i5-10400F

Ram: 16GB

Motherboard: ASRock B460M Pro4S/ac on version 1.40

Message 1 of 6 (3,641 Views)

Accepted Solution

Betreff: BF2 Epic Games does not Launch

★ Pro

You start from Origin? You can start the game with BF2Hub!

1.) I suggest to make sure you haven't disabled the "OriginHelper Service" in the Start Options. 

2.) Make sure you have installed BF2Hub in order to play online BF2Hub.com

3.) Create a user and start the game once over the BF2Hub launcher.

4.) If you have problems or crashes run in windowed mode and share a screenshot of the error here so we can help.

Good luck Beer

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (3,600 Views)

All Replies

Betreff: BF2 Epic Games does not Launch

★ Pro

You start from Origin? You can start the game with BF2Hub!

1.) I suggest to make sure you haven't disabled the "OriginHelper Service" in the Start Options. 

2.) Make sure you have installed BF2Hub in order to play online BF2Hub.com

3.) Create a user and start the game once over the BF2Hub launcher.

4.) If you have problems or crashes run in windowed mode and share a screenshot of the error here so we can help.

Good luck Beer

Message 2 of 6 (3,601 Views)

I made it bit unclear when I said BF2. I meant Battlefron...

★★ Novice

I made it bit unclear when I said BF2. I meant Battlefront 2 not Battlefield 2 but thanks for trying to help.

Message 3 of 6 (3,568 Views)

Betreff: I made it bit unclear when I said BF2. I meant Battlefron...

★ Pro

Thumbs up

Message 4 of 6 (3,561 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem did you get it to work, please help ;c I've played it before and EA help was not any help. It just stoped working one day and now I have the same problem as you.

Message 5 of 6 (3,413 Views)

EA DICE Team
What's the issue you are having? @RevengeAQT

/Atic
Message 6 of 6 (3,394 Views)