BF1 performance and frame rate issues

by tdawg2277

Original Post

BF1 performance and frame rate issues

★★ Novice
I am having major frame rate issues in battlefield 1. On some maps I am getting dips into the late 20s! But there are other maps that run at around 45 to 60 fps. My game can't run on ultra without severe lag, although my rig is fairly decent. I am thinking it might be because I am running the game with 8gb single channel ram.

Here are the specs on my PC
i5 7500 3.4 Ghz CPU
8GB single channel corsair RAM DDR4
GTX 1050Ti 4GB GPU
Asrock b250m pro 4 Motherboard
EVGA (silver) 600 Watt PSU
NZXT h440 case

Any help or advice you could offer would be great!
Message 1 of 8 (1,179 Views)

Re: BF1 performance and frame rate issues

Hero

Your computer is not highly specced enough to run on ultra, try medium or low settings.

carbonic signature

Message 2 of 8 (1,159 Views)

★★ Novice

hmm, tried that and am still getting a similar result.

Message 3 of 8 (1,156 Views)

★★ Novice

I can go from like 70 down to 30 frames, there is also stutter

Message 4 of 8 (1,155 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the exact same problem, I was able to play at 50-60fps (on ultra) before without any problem. 

didn't play since before the russians dlc and now I have constant lows into the 10s fps and below, specially when enemies are nearby all animations start to stutter and the game even freezes a second or two, totally unplayable. Also if I change the settings ingame the screen goes all blurry and I have to close the game and use an external configurator justo to put it back to 1080p

I have other games with the same engine (like Battlefront 2) that run well on ultra

specs: i5 7600k, gtx1070, 16gb ddr4

Message 5 of 8 (1,116 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah, what gives?! Your specs are a bit better than mine, but both of our computers should be able to play this game without getting severe frame dips. I have a bunch of other demanding games that run just fine with a solid 60 + fps. I am wondering if the game just isn't very well optimized. If I mess with in game settings, it actually makes my game worse as well. I have tried using both direct x 11 and 12. I noticed that dx12 has a has a horrible stutter, where the screen will freeze for two seconds, but when I use dx11 there is a micro stutter, and my framerate drops like no tomorrow. I hope that EA is able to come up with a fix for these issues, because I really want to enjoy the game, but I just can't when I am getting as bad of performance as I am. Keep me posted if you find any fixes and I will do the same brother.

Message 6 of 8 (1,111 Views)

★★ Novice

Also I forgot to note that my campaign doesn't seem to be suffering from as severe issues as the multiplayer

Message 7 of 8 (1,110 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have a 1080 ti and it's unplayable too. Drops from 100+ fps to 20 with 1 seg freeze. I can't play like this, went back to dota and i'm not buying battlefront 2 because of this.

Message 8 of 8 (1,067 Views)