Re: BF1 on PC thinks that my mouse is a controller

by ragnarok013

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BF1 on PC thinks that my mouse is a controller

★★★ Newbie
Hey all,
So I've been playing BF1 for close to a year now, and I have never had problems with the game until recently. I hope that someone here has encountered this problem and can help me out.
When I first started playing, I used a mouse and keyboard and it worked normally. I played a lot, but I have taken a hiatus for the past few months while I played other games. In that time, I bought an xbox controller to use with other pc games like assassin's creed and rocket league. A few days ago I decided to play some BF1 again, and when I loaded into a game my controls were super laggy and floaty. It just felt weird, and there was a delay whenever I tried to look around. I could not figure out what it was until after a lot of googling, I read a post that described the same problem. Except that this guy said all he had to do was plug in his controller, use it for a second, and bam, the M&K worked again.
I tried that. And it did not work. Mouse movements felt just as laggy as before. But it revealed what the problem was. The game seems to think I am using a joystick when I am actually using my mouse. When I use the xbox controller, the game is perfectly responsive, but as soon as I switch to M&K it's as though the game can't figure out that I've switched.

Suffice it to say that unless I can fix this BF1 will remain unplayable. A controller works fine for third-person games, but not BF1. I already tried reinstalling the game. Please help!!
Message 1 of 2 (1,012 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Barbosis14 When you play do you have the controller plugged in, or perhaps a wireless received for the controllers stilled plugged in?
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (996 Views)

All Replies

@Barbosis14 When you play do you have the controller plugged in, or perhaps a wireless received for the controllers stilled plugged in?
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 2 of 2 (997 Views)