BF1 crashing, 'looks like your offline' msg on recovery

by RandomRubbish

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BF1 crashing, 'looks like your offline' msg on recovery

★★ Apprentice

Hi, BF1 is crashing quite a bit now whilst playing multiplayer.  There's a dxdiag attached.  First couple of crashes I got a directx error message window (screenshot attached).

when I restart bf1 it will tell me I seem to be offline for a while (screenshot attached), but the internet connection is fine.

When I get back online, looks like the servers have crashed (lots of players have disappeared off the server).

My Nvidia drivers and windows 10 are up to date.

My system (no overclocking): win 10 (64), i7 4790k, GTX 1080, 32 GB ram, samsung sm951 ssd, AsRock z97 extreme 6 mobo, ethernet / wired connection (no wifi); it's in a full tower case with plenty of fans, so overheating is extremely unlikely (haven't seen it when I checked on HwInfo (great ap)).

Any help appreciated. This is annoying.

Message 1 of 11 (769 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BF1 crashing, 'looks like your offline' msg on recovery

★★ Apprentice

New patch seems to have solved this problem, so I'll mark this thread as solved.

View in thread

Message 11 of 11 (889 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

-The error message shows there is either something wrong with the driver installation (use Driver cleaner) or the card itself > Reinstall driver.

-Faulty motherboard chipset driver software, USB and network software update > Install the latest driver.

For the next two steps i would advice you to ask for help from a know computer expert as it could psychically harm you or the hardware if done wrong.

-The card is like it says disconnected from the system (bad connection of relocation of physical card to another slot or USB port> Test other pci slot and firmly but gently align the card with the PCI-e slot and make sure the securing bracket is secure on the motherboard PCI slot.

-It could also have something to do with the 8-pin or 6-pin GPU power cables so i would reseat those too if possible.

-Also make sure the card and system coolers are free of dust and dirt and not running too hot?

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

EA Champion

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA
Message 2 of 11 (750 Views)

★★★ Novice

i got exactly the same problem just after this new nividia driver 411.63 update . help please it is realy annoying

Message 3 of 11 (741 Views)

Champion (Retired)

If you would be so kind as to answer the following questions maybe we can help you too:

- Have you tested other drivers?

- What platform

- Please add system specifications or DXdiag

- Fill out the questions above

_________________________________________________________________________________

EA Champion

Message 4 of 11 (735 Views)

★★ Apprentice
- The DirectX error message is only a hint.
- Looking at what happened on the server after I logged back on, either a lot of players crashed, or the server crashed, or both.
- I suspect a problem with either the nvidia driver update, or BF1 using this, or some combination.
- Not having problems with other apps at the moment, so I doubt its power cables etc (haven't been moved for quite some time).
- Cleaning, always a good idea Standard smile
Message 5 of 11 (721 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Errors are usually hard facts pointing you in a specific direction. It may have been a hack or an partial update database mismatch. Normally server reset / bleed out sometimes leaving you on an empty server or just brings you back to the main menu without complications.

So just perform the driver cleaner trick, check all BF1 files, maybe empty out the origin cash and or reinstall both to leave out as many maybe's as possible. Also i would test other servers to rule out server-hacks or specific problems. We will tackle this problem just keep a cool head Wink

EA Champion

Message 6 of 11 (714 Views)

★★ Apprentice
- to reinstall my drivers I wouldn't use additional software, just increases the risk of getting owned.
- I know what the normal server cycle looks like, not what happened.
- Thanks for your good intentions but I don't think you're actually helping here.
Message 7 of 11 (691 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hey @RandomRubbish,

I'm assuming you're still having this issue.

If so, can you please try some of the following steps?

1. Manually uninstall/reinstall Origin:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

2. Clear Origin Cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

3. Clean Boot:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

4. Turn off the Origin In-Game Overlay in Origin, and the Battlefield 1 Game Properties in Origin

5. Uninstall/Reinstall Battlefield 1 (resort to this last, if nothing else works)

Also, here are some Connection steps that you can try: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/connection-troubleshooting-advanced-pc/ 

Try these steps, and let us know if you're still having this issue.

Thank you Standard smile 

★★ Apprentice
Thanks illuminatethesky, problem hasn't recurred for a day or so but still not sure what the problem was (is?). At this point I'll just wait and see.
Message 9 of 11 (667 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@RandomRubbish,

You're welcome.

If it does occur again, give some of those steps a try, and let us know if you still need assistance.

Hopefully everything continues to work for you though Standard smile