BF1 There are no Servers ?

by maddog_rob1

Original Post

Re: BF1 There are no Servers ?

★ Novice

Can't find players. Used to play all the time when this game came out and then there was an update. Gave up for a few months and updated the game this week. Still the same issue. Put into empty room every time. No servers even after resetting all filters. I'm an IT professional so I thought I could figure out how to join a game? If there is a fix for this (it's been a full year since this started for my PC) I would like to know.

Message 51 of 56 (1,981 Views)

★ Guide

I have been playing BF1 and BF4 for years now. It is always the same thing: lots of servers to join and enough players to play. But, not anymore. Your technical prowess won't help. It is all on EA'Dice. I believe they need to implement some sort of player load balancing across their server network. Also, the browsers are not to be trusted as far as player counts. BF4 used to have a great server browser. It would actually give you useful info. Like real player counts, the score of the game in progress, etc. But, not anymore. Now you might see a game that says there are 54 of 64. Go into the game and find there are only 5 or 6 players. In BF1 you might see a server that looks like you can join (refresh all you want, reset filters...it won't help) but when  you try to join you find queue of players waiting to get in. So, it has become a chore to be able to find servers to play on. My guess is that when BFV drops, it will be great for awhile. And then it too will go down hill and be the same as BF1 and BF4.

Message 52 of 56 (1,971 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for the feedback. I uses to launch "Origin" and then start the game from there. Put a shortcut to BF1 on the desktop, gave it Administrator privileges, (run as Admin) and restart the computer. Now when I launch the game, I find servers, and the quick start takes me into the game mode I select AND IT HAS PLAYERS! OK, to be fair, I've tried this before with no luck at all, so maybe Dice fixed something and I didn't. 

It's worth a shot for those who are still having issues. Create the shortcut from your Drive Letter:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 1\bf1.exe and then right-click and Run As Admin. You may get prompted when you launch the game for permissions and just click YES. 

Don't know if that will work for everyone but it appears to have fixed it for me this time.

Good luck.

Message 53 of 56 (1,921 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Well, thanks for the suggestion. But, I don't think this is a Windows issue. Generally, I don't have problems with game startup. You really shouldn't need admin level privileges to run the BF1.exe command. The issue is EA/Dice's way of how the servers distribute players across the server network. It makes no sense to see servers with 64 of 64 with queues of players waiting to play. When there are servers running the same maps and game modes with 1 or 2 people "sitting" on the server hoping other players will join to make a game. And, it doesn't really matter how you use the filters. 

Message 54 of 56 (1,895 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Me too
Message 55 of 56 (1,669 Views)

Community Manager

@HOLLOWMAN-ZA 

This post is originally from 2017 and the last response was in October, 2018. I'll be locking down this post to avoid further Necroposting. If you are having trouble seeing servers for BF1 please try the following:

1. Go to the server browser filter and click the option to set the filter back to default settings
  2. Add "none, 1-5, 6-10, and 10+" to the player slots category
  3. Click view results/servers

If you're having trouble connecting to the servers try the troubleshooting steps below before posting a new topic. We also recommend checking Xbox Live Status, PlayStation Status, and EA Help for server downtime messages.

Basic Connection Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

AHQ Rules

• Don't "necropost." Reviving, updating or bumping old, outdated and irrelevant threads is not helpful for our community. It's best to check when the thread was created before you hit post, just to make sure it's not 2 years old for example.
Blueberry.png
Message 56 of 56 (1,630 Views)