Re: BF1 DIRECTX FUNCTION ERROR

by HolyshockTer

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BF1 DIRECTX FUNCTION ERROR

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

When playing Battlefield 1  I get this message when the game crashes.

"DirectX function "Dx11Renderer::trymap" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED 

("The video card has been physically removed from the system, or a driver upgrade for the video card has ocured. "). GPU: "AMD Radeon(TM) R9 380", Driver: 16.12.2(16.50.2011-161219a-309792E). This error is usually caused by the graphics driver crashing; try installing the latestdrivers. Also, make sure you have a supported graphics card with at least 2GB."I have disabled dx12(in the game settings and files)and steam wasn't running in the background. I have also reinstalled my AMD drivers to the latest versions.this has been happening ever since I bought the game. The time in between startup and this error is unknown as it can last longer or shorter than other times.

Message 1 of 14 (31,466 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Gorath_the_Elder wrote:

The only certain thing I know is sometimes happening is related to driver corruption in the APIs, and if true, you have to delete them, clean out the registry, and then install clean.  The DDU utility will automate that process for you.  I have yet to review a video clip that ragnarok suggests as a fix.  He is located through @ragnarok013

Thank you for the tag @Gorath_the_Elder, sorry for the delay in responding my schedule's been a bit crazy after vacation. 

@ChickenSodaZ This solution fixed the problem that you describe in your post for me in BF3, BF4, Hardline, and SWBF.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD6j3xTH-vg&list=WL&index=72&t=219s

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013

View in thread

Message 4 of 14 (36,702 Views)

All Replies

Re: BF1 DX error

★★★ Newbie

I forgot to mention I disabled origin in game overlay.

Message 2 of 14 (31,452 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

The only certain thing I know is sometimes happening is related to driver corruption in the APIs, and if true, you have to delete them, clean out the registry, and then install clean.  The DDU utility will automate that process for you.  I have yet to review a video clip that ragnarok suggests as a fix.  He is located through @ragnarok013

Message 3 of 14 (31,425 Views)

@Gorath_the_Elder wrote:

Thank you for the tag @Gorath_the_Elder, sorry for the delay in responding my schedule's been a bit crazy after vacation. 

@ChickenSodaZ This solution fixed the problem that you describe in your post for me in BF3, BF4, Hardline, and SWBF.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD6j3xTH-vg&list=WL&index=72&t=219s

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 4 of 14 (36,703 Views)

Re: BF1 DX error

★★★ Newbie

hi bro!

i had this issue and i have solved this.. you just need to disable origin in game. after that you have to set the game's setting to low-medium( if you have a 2GB GPU, then the game should use not more than 1800 Mbs) i have amd radeon r9 270x 2GB edition and i can play the game smoothly on low-medium settings without any errors.. hope it will fix your problem. BTW sorry for bad english Standard smile  

Message 5 of 14 (28,618 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I got the DirectX error, since I installed the last driver AMD 18.6.1 adrenaline 

It's physically removed or driver upgrade is occerrud. 

I got 

Motherboard  ASUS PRIME B350 PLUS

GPU  Gigabyte 4GB D5 X R9 290X OC 

CPU  AND Ryzen 7 1700x 3,4ghz with boost to 3,8

32GB memory Ballistix DDR4-2400

How can I fix this damm error, DICE OR AND FIX IT

EDIT: ITS SOLVED 

Message 6 of 14 (25,849 Views)

★★ Novice

Amigo, lo pudiste resolver?

Message 7 of 14 (24,095 Views)

★ Novice

tengon el mis problema tendre que ir youtube a ver videos de como resolver el problemita tio

Message 8 of 14 (23,454 Views)

★ Novice

Hy. Go to settings and Do Not Check The Directx12 Box in game.

The Directx12 and BF1 they bumping with each other

Message 9 of 14 (21,302 Views)

★ Novice
@HolyshockTer uncheck the settings box and restart the game
Message 10 of 14 (21,301 Views)