Re: BF1 Crashing after latest Win10 update

by MassiveFnChungus

Original Post

Sure thing! When it comes to this kind of troubleshooting- you can't really rule anything out until you try it lol..

Message 11 of 19 (1,243 Views)

★★ Novice

Is it still working for you? @MassiveFnChungus

Message 12 of 19 (1,244 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi Got,

Where do I find the "Quality Update Patch" in my pc so I can delete it?

RavenBlack

Message 13 of 19 (1,237 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Where do I find the "Quality Update Patch" in my pc to delete?

Raven
Message 14 of 19 (1,237 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Geez. It had to come to this. Called it... 

Anyway. The old """""""solutions""""""" still work. Disabling SMT, manually setting core affinity, etc. So frustrating. The system (Windows 10) is meant to be updated, as it also contains security updates. An update uninstall is far from ideal.

Message 15 of 19 (1,223 Views)

Go to Windows Update. Click Update History. Select the KBB.........235 (don't remember all the numbers but it should be most recent). Click Uninstall . that's all!

Message 16 of 19 (1,212 Views)

[ Edited ]

Sorry- yes Remxgen it is still working fine! I had to go back in today and uninstall the quality update again because it automatically downloaded lol

***The Update is called KB4284835 ***

Message 17 of 19 (2,560 Views)

★★ Novice

After uninstalling the KB4284835 it worked better for me. A friend of mine who has the same CPU (Ryzen 5 1600X) has no problem with the recent updates, everything works fine there. I did not try playing for a longer time, but at my first try it was already longer then 10 Minutes (Wow!). I've sent a bug report to EA and would recommend you guys to do so as well. I think it's so bad, that you suddenly can't play BF1 anymore without recent Windows Security Updates. I wanted to pre-order BF5, but with these problems i don't have a good feeling doing so.

Message 18 of 19 (1,155 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same Problem here on a Ryzen 5 1600; Asus RX480 System. Even after uninstalling the Win quality update game still randomly 'crashes' (It just stops like I had killed it in Task Manager) thus making it unplayable, which is very upsetting when losing progress of your weapon assignments and all that stuff gathered in 1 round.

Message 19 of 19 (1,143 Views)