BF1 , 3 ,4 ping spikes

by DIVISIONPB

Original Post

BF1 , 3 ,4 ping spikes

★★★★ Novice

I am having a problem with bf1 since w10 fall creators update which is ping spikes every 10-20 seconds , I thought the problem was the router so I tried 4 different ones , then I changed the isp and found the problem still persist . then I checked the performance monitor in w10 and found that searchUi.exe is downloading and uploading at the same time whenever I start bf1 multiplayer , I blocked it by renaming the cortana folder in windows folder then after that another processes (DiagTrack , Dnscache , SSDPSRV , RasMan, WpnService , FDResPub ,Fdphost) started to do what searchUi.exe was doing , then I tried to block some of these via killer network app , as a result origin started to do the same while gaming on bf1 however I turned off origin updates and game updates . I contacted Microsoft and they told me that it might be an issue with the windows files but I got no solution from them as I installed w10 about 5 times , each time I format drive c . and finally this problem is the same in bf3 and bf4 so not exclusive for bf1 . I used to have a near constant ping of (80) before fcu update now the spikes reach 2000+ , all bfs are allowed through windows firewall and I have no third party antivirus or antimalware .

cpu: 6600k@4.3 , ram: 16gb@3200 , rx480 msi gamingx , virtual memory 24gb , ssd 500gb , w10 home edition fully updated .

Message 1 of 6 (584 Views)

Re: BF1 , 3 ,4 ping spikes

@DIVISIONPB that's most likely a windows issue since BF3 doesn't use the unified in game multiplayer UI that BF4 and BF1 use. Which version of DX are you using DX11 or 12? Did these problems start after the recent Win10 creator's update? If so have you rolled your PC back to before the update to see if the issue persists (I know you reinstalled the OS as well but that probably patched it to the latest update). Have you checked your windows for errors using the Windows error checker?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 2 of 6 (536 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I installed w10 the original version with no updates but it started updating once I connected the internet although it didn't take me to falls creators update it still have the same issue , so you can say the problem apply to fcu and beyond . I am running DX11 . I checked the windows for errors . I even made a new windows flash drive (latest version of w10) and tried it yesterday and it has the same issue and it is worse. I tried also deleting the 3 games files and re-download them and no change.

Message 3 of 6 (526 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @DIVISIONPB What kind of network troubleshooting you had (beside changing modem/router and change ISP) ? 

You don't happen to have a phone or a 4g device at home you can test with? 

/Atic 

Message 4 of 6 (465 Views)

★★★★ Novice

sorry for replying late . I have a 4g phone but it has a very limited data so I can't try it . The attempted solutions are disabling the cpu and ram overclock , re-installing windows several times , repairing windows after installing drivers (DISM online) , using CCcleaner to delete all unused apps . I tried before renaming cortana folder so it stop using bandwidth but was not effective . now I installed w10 pro ,  I set 0% bandwidth to be set aside using gpedit , renamed cortana's folder and disabled these services ( bits, delivery optimization , windows update) and problem got solved for bf3 and bf4 but for bf1 origin is uploading something while I play . but for bf1 I got some fixes I am using dx12 now which is way better than dx11 as dx12 was crashing before now it isn't . also I made a user.cfg  and put in it (perfoverlay.drawfps 1 GstRender.Thread.maxprocessorcount 4) which made the game much smoother . I disabled windows Autotunning and set the congestion provider as ctcp (this fixed the hitreg problems for bf1,3,4) . so the only problem now is origin is uploading while I am playing bf1 multiplayer. 

Message 5 of 6 (439 Views)

★★★★ Novice

well it seems that I found a fix , I just disabled all xbox services except one that I couldn't stop , and the upload bandwidth usage from origin and other windows processes stopped . 

Message 6 of 6 (425 Views)