BF 1 FPS drops

by BulletzNinja

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BF 1 FPS drops

★★★★ Novice

So I just recently bought Battlefield 1 on my PC. And suddenly I notice that I am having FPS drops all the time, no matter if I change the in-game settings (in menu my FPS gets like 180-200 mostly, but when in game it drops from 70fps to suddenly below 60fps and that very often and frequently.

My GPU is a GTX 1060 Gigabyte Xtreme Gaming 6GB

Cpu: Intel core I5 7600K 3,8GHZ

Memory: 16GB

Is there any way to fix this?

Message 1 of 4 (708 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BF 1 FPS drops

@BulletzNinja wrote:

So I just recently bought Battlefield 1 on my PC. And suddenly I notice that I am having FPS drops all the time, no matter if I change the in-game settings (in menu my FPS gets like 180-200 mostly, but when in game it drops from 70fps to suddenly below 60fps and that very often and frequently.

Your rig meets or exceeds the minimum requirements so I'd start off by disabling the Origin in game overlay and if you're using discord while playing disable the discord overlay. Doing this helped me with FPS drops.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (681 Views)

All Replies

@BulletzNinja wrote:

Your rig meets or exceeds the minimum requirements so I'd start off by disabling the Origin in game overlay and if you're using discord while playing disable the discord overlay. Doing this helped me with FPS drops.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 2 of 4 (682 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

A slight fluctuating FPS is normal to a certain extend during different calculus tasks. Unless you notice real mouse input cq. movement problems then you might speak of LAG and choose lighten up the video settings. Your framerate does not sound that much worse then my 1080Ti OC card 90/120FPS

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

EA Champion

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA
Message 3 of 4 (665 Views)

★★★★ Novice
So I basically turned the in game overlay off, and I did notice some changes surprisingly I actually think that, that fixed it!!! Thank you very much! Now I don't need to upgrade my PC as I thought I needed to.
Message 4 of 4 (570 Views)