Re: BATTLEFIELD V, CAN'T USE CHAT

by LemmyGetUh

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BATTLEFIELD V, CAN'T USE CHAT

★★ Novice
Okay so hopefully this gets seen by the community manager, my EA game advisor told me I have to make a post here for the manager to see it.

So basically I did play the beta, could chat normally in the game back then, and I got the deluxe edition and played it on release, so I'm playing since 15th November.
Well, basically I can't chat, at all.
I can see chat, other people writing, I can even type in a line but as soon as I press enter, it doesn't get sent to the chatbox, my line of text dissapears, nothing in chatbox.
That applies to squad orders/requests too... Like the ''NEED MEDIC'', for other people it appears in chat when they request medic, for me it does not.

I thought maybe it could be servers censoring my name, which was the following ''LemmyGetUhhh'', so I changed that to LetMeGetUhhhhhhh, still doesn't work.
ALSO GUYS if any of you see profanity in the name, please for god's sake point it out because I'm clueless, is there a word in there that's being censored?
Getuh? Like ghetto? But that isn't even a bad word? I don't know, seriously.

Also tried repairing the game, nothing.

So uh... Community manager, or anyone else, help please? I wanna be able to tell my team info when I'm playing.

And again, my current name in the game is LetMeGetUhhhhhhh ... If that matters.
Maybe one of you is gonna spot a profanity hidden in the name, idk...

Thanks,
Best Regards
Message 1 of 4 (2,317 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

Nevermind, got it.

It was the fact that I had 2 ''h'' letters in my gametag, which we all know (probably) what also means.

So yeah... Changed it to only one h and it's fine.

IF YOU HAVE THIS PROBLEM, CHECK AND CHECK VERY GOOD IF YOUR NAME DOESN'T INCLUDE ''PROFANITY''!!!!

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (2,277 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

By the way, since the name change didn't work, I switched back to ''LemmyGetUhhh''.

Message 2 of 4 (2,308 Views)

★★ Novice

Nevermind, got it.

It was the fact that I had 2 ''h'' letters in my gametag, which we all know (probably) what also means.

So yeah... Changed it to only one h and it's fine.

IF YOU HAVE THIS PROBLEM, CHECK AND CHECK VERY GOOD IF YOUR NAME DOESN'T INCLUDE ''PROFANITY''!!!!

Message 3 of 4 (2,278 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I swear if this is going to fix the issue I'm having I'm going to be pissed. But also thanks for figuring it out lol.

Message 4 of 4 (2,266 Views)