Re: Awful packet loss only on apex

by NamelessHenchman

Original Post

Awful packet loss only on apex

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I am experiencing huge packet loss spikes between 90-100%.

This only occurs on apex, and it seems to be the worst near the afternoon.

I am on pc, steam, in Australia. I have tried changing to all different servers, but nothing has helped.

The fps is fine, i dont have and microstutters or hitching.

I have tried online packet loss testers, they all say 0%. I have restarted my pc and router heaps of times to no avail.

Pc specs: 9700k, msi z390 gaming edge ac, 32gb 3200mhz ddr4, rtx 3070, m.2 ssd for boot, sata ssd for games.

As said before this extreme lag on occurs on apex, i have tried playing valorant, csgo, cod, and r6, none of these games have the same packet loss / lag issues.

If someone could help me with this that would be amazing!

Message 1 of 2 (236 Views)

Re: Awful packet loss only on apex

★★ Guide

Hi @BeanBeanBeanBeen 

I'm in Australia and this is the case for me too.

This is a great game, but terrible Netcode. https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/f02vxz/apex_netcode_still_worst_of_all_brs/   Mainly due to 'packet splitting'.
I have struggled to play it over the years for the exact same reason. I suspect the 'Data Centres' are just relays to the main servers in the US. I get terrible ping spikes and packet loss frequently.

When it gets to bad I just go and play a more stable online game like Overwatch. I have bitched and moaned about this for a couple of years now - it falls on deaf ears. If the majority (The US) can play it, that's all they care about.

Message 2 of 2 (164 Views)