'Aviator' Flight controls don't work on XBOX controller

by SickF0x

Original Post

Accepted Solution

'Aviator' Flight controls don't work on XBOX controller

★★★★★ Novice

When switching to the Aviator flight control option the yaw and pitch controls don't work together on the same stick.

If you try to roll and pitch together (holding the stick in a diagonal position) the craft can't do it, it feels like the inputs are fighting with each other and the ship becomes unflyable.

I'm currently on the first tutorial mission.

I have tried this with a standard XBOX controller and an elite one, same problem on both.

Message 1 of 30 (1,744 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: 'Aviator' Flight controls don't work on XBOX controller

★★★★★ Novice

This has been fixed in the recent 2.0 update. Took a while but at least it's done, may the force be with you pilots.

View in thread

Message 30 of 30 (1,325 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Guide

I've been having the same problem (using a standard Xbox One controller). Pushing the stick in any of the diagonal directions with the Aviator flight control option enabled seems to cause input conflict - my ship stops responding, and I get obliterated.

This issue needs to be addressed ASAP.

Message 2 of 30 (1,711 Views)

Champion

I have tested some controllers that I own. Wondering

What I noticed is...

"this game doesn't support DirectInput controllers"

(On PC version)

Only Xinput controllers worked.

And the config of keybindings are very limited currently.

Message 3 of 30 (1,706 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Sati_SatiIt's not just the PC version it occurs on, though. I can confirm this problem also occurs on the Xbox One version (I don't know about the PlayStation 4 version, but I suspect it does). It must have something to do with the way Motive coded the controls/control options.

Either way, this is a frustrating issue, and I hope they fix it in a patch soon.

Message 4 of 30 (1,670 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice
Message 5 of 30 (1,651 Views)

★ Guide

I’ve had the same issue on my Xbox.  I’ve tried it with the Elite and standard controllers too.

With the Elite controller I went through all of the options for the sticks and it made no difference.  I’ve tried changing the sensitivity on the game and deadlines and nothing works.

Until this is fixed it’s pretty much unplayable which is a real shame.

Message 6 of 30 (1,628 Views)

★★ Novice
@SD13_CAGE Same here on Xbox One. Unplayable and this should not have gotten through testing and released like this and it should have been hot fixed on day 1.
Message 7 of 30 (1,588 Views)

★★ Novice

Absolutely unacceptable that a bug like this made it into the release version of the game. It's as if no one even tested the default "Aviator" settings on controller considering they would have noticed IMMEDIATELY that it doesn't work properly. This coupled with the fact that people on PC have already found workarounds just goes to sow that this isn't even that difficult of a fix, EA just doesn't care enough to release their games in a working state. 

Message 8 of 30 (1,532 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Even if you just go into a custom control setup and bind pitch/roll on the same stick - it breaks it.  Here's a video I made demonstrating it for proof:

https://youtu.be/knknwBKd7Lk

Message 9 of 30 (1,504 Views)

★ Novice
Can confirm this is happening to me (Xbox standard controller) and there are similar reports on Reddit. EA, please address this as the Aviator controller setup is effectively broken. You cannot compete when roll and pitch are on the same stick.
Message 10 of 30 (1,445 Views)