Re: Audio sound only partially coming through

by eternaldrk

Original Post

Audio sound only partially coming through

★ Novice

Initially the first day the game was running smoothly for me. After the first day or so (without any changes on my end) the audio started acting up. I lose most game sounds during matches. Only some background sounds remain. The come back intermittantly but never stay for more than a few seconds. I disabled all unused audio devices and I have all latest drivers installed. I even recently did a windows reset.. I'm using a logitech  7.1 headset. I really enjoy the game but shooters are extremely difficult without sound. I can't play with this problem. 

Message 1 of 3 (201 Views)

★★ Novice
Pretty sure I'm having the same problem. The audio regularly cuts out, leaving maybe one or two background sound effects going. No FPS drop. No network lag. Just audio.

My Hardware:
Windows 10 64-Bit
Logitech G35 Headset
GTX 1070 8GB
Ryzen 7 1700x
32GB RAM

All latest drivers. This is the ONLY game or software experiencing this issue.

The game loads up fine. Audio is good. Then within a minute or two, it cuts out for a good 20 to 30 seconds before "catching up" (i.e. a huge burst of noise, audio lines playing over each other, etc.) While the audio is gone, my disk activity indicator is solid. It turns off when the sound comes back.

Now I've seen suggestions that changing the playback quality (from 48k Hz to 44) as a possible solution, however this does absolutely nothing for this particular problem.
Message 2 of 3 (185 Views)

★★ Novice
So, no help with this? It's still happening.
Message 3 of 3 (142 Views)