Audio messed up since update

by P4rdner

Original Post

Audio messed up since update

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

Since the The Old Ways event update, my game audio quality has dropped by a metric ton. It's like a secret slider has been added to the menu for enemy sounds and that slider been set to 1 out of 100. 

I have had instances of having my back to a zipline on a spot that can only be reached by that same zipline, and randomly get stealthkilled from behind as no audio had warned me of an enemy using it, let alone walking literally meters behind me, until it was too late. 

Same for enemy pathfinder grapple hooks.

All audio effects in general sound extremely hollow, like there is a 'treble' slider that's been put all the way up.

But above all: footsteps. I don't hear them at all anymore. Tried upping master volume from 20 to 100%, but made no difference. Tried all kinds of audio settings to no avail. For me this game is not playable if you can not echo-locate where enemies are approaching from, so I'll be forced to quit until this gets reverted.

And I really don't get why, as there have been no mentioning of any audio changes in the patch notes, which leaves me especially confused, as the audio experience is simply miles off from pre-patch... Any idea as to what gives?

Message 1 of 1 (148 Views)