Audio issues on Xbox

by ScarySquirrel

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Audio issues on Xbox

★ Apprentice

I am having audio issues in every game I play on Xbox, either the sound cuts out completely or I can only hear certain sounds, often I cannot hear my own gunfire or the footsteps of other people. Sometimes the sound is stuttering as if it is lagging somehow. 

This happens regardless of whether I am using a headset or not. My audio setup is a 2.0 speaker setup through a Marantz amp via optical cable. When using my headset it is a Hyper X Cloud II headset plugged directly into the Xbox controller.

This happens every game and it's really ruining it at the moment. Anyone else having similar issues or know of a fix?

Message 1 of 39 (23,895 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Audio issues on Xbox

Community Manager

Sorry for the delay, this has been raised to the Apex team for investigation - Thanks for all the information you were able to provide. 

Marking as resolved for visibility only.

EACade

View in thread

Message 18 of 39 (26,675 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@ScarySquirrel Does this persist if you set the sound settings to Stereo Uncompressed on the console?

EACade
Message 2 of 39 (23,880 Views)

★ Apprentice
Unfortunately, yes. I have it set on that anyway, but I've tried the other options and the problem persists.
Message 3 of 39 (23,876 Views)

Community Manager

@ScarySquirrel Can you try these steps please, from the Xbox dashboard select Settings- All Settings- Network- Network Settings- Advanced Settings- Alternate MAC address - Clear- Restart. Then let me know if this persists?

This will force the console to clear the cache, hopefully resolving the issue as well. 

EACade
Message 4 of 39 (23,873 Views)

★ Apprentice
Sorry for the late reply. I have tried this and it's odd, because my voice chat now seems to be working but the sound is still cutting in and out or delayed, in particular footsteps and gunfire I very rarely hear. Any other ideas?
Message 5 of 39 (23,847 Views)

Community Manager

Do you know if the sound cuts out if you use a different headset, such as the standard Xbox One headset just to determine whether it might be related to that specific type of hardware for our game? 

I know it's not ideal but a reinstall of the game could be worth a shot if you have some time to do that real quick. 

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 39 (23,825 Views)

★ Apprentice
I've tried a reinstall and the issue is still there. I've also tried another headset and it's the same (it was a Sennheiser Momentum headset). I've seen posts from PC users with the same issue saying that they've had to force their hardware into a 5.1 surround sound setup to fix the issue. I can't do that on Xbox, but it does kind of feel like I'm missing certain audio channels.

I'm just hoping that an update to the game will fix it, maybe by adding some audio options in the settings. It's really hard to play at the moment with this problem.
Message 7 of 39 (23,800 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I am having the same problem on PC, also using HyperX Cloud II.

Message 8 of 39 (23,794 Views)

★ Apprentice
I have an example here https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/mrscarysquirrel/video/69236025

You'll see that I can't hear my own footsteps most of the time, all I have in ambient sound. Then when I fire the sound is either distorted or not there at all. It just so happens that in this example at the end my game completely froze.

The fact that the footage has captured the sound being distorted surely shows that this is not a hardware issue? I'm not sure.
Message 9 of 39 (23,783 Views)

Community Manager

@ScarySquirrel Sorry for the delay - can you confirm if this is still happening after the latest patch?

EACade
Message 10 of 39 (23,756 Views)