Re: Audio cuts out during gameplay

by Judge_Dredd_80

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Audio cuts out during gameplay

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi guys,

recently during gameplay I lost i-game audio completely. This has never happened before.

In the past there were some small hiccups like no music in menus but totally random. When I have asked people playing in the same session many confirmed that it happens from time to time.

The audio was only gone in-game when I alt-tabbed everything was working fine in Windows, to fix it in-game however I had to restart the game.

Do you have similar issues, or do you know any fix for it? Does not happens in other games, etc.

There is a similar thread for RYZEN CPUs but I have an Intel, hence separate thread.

Message 1 of 5 (570 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks Standard smile Will try this and will get back to you.

P.S It frustrates a bit that with those specs the game does not run that great on DX12 (occasional FPS drops and stuttering in gameplay, I guess reported by maaaaaany players). I know Battlefront 2 suffered similar issue and it got fixed. Hope same will happen to BF1.

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (482 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hey, @Judge_Dredd_80 sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing with Battlefield 1. Have you done any troubleshooting and if you have, what have you done? I don't want to recommend something you have already done. 

/Atic 

Message 2 of 5 (532 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Not really since I don't have that issue in any other title nor outside of BF1 and I keep my system up-2-date and tidy.

Message 3 of 5 (520 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey, @Judge_Dredd_80 with today's update do you still have the same issue?  If you do, try doing this: 

• Move the BF1 document folder to the desktop and start the game up to see if that changes anything. 
  • Make sure that BF1 sounds are direct to the correct speakers/headset.
  • Reinstall Audio drivers. 

Let's start with this. Standard smile 

Also, you have an impressive pc! 

/Atic 

Message 4 of 5 (502 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks Standard smile Will try this and will get back to you.

P.S It frustrates a bit that with those specs the game does not run that great on DX12 (occasional FPS drops and stuttering in gameplay, I guess reported by maaaaaany players). I know Battlefront 2 suffered similar issue and it got fixed. Hope same will happen to BF1.

Message 5 of 5 (483 Views)