Audio cuts out as the home screen says it's connecting to servers

by BonesnapTV

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Audio cuts out as the home screen says it's connecting to servers

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Boot up the game and I hear sound as Bioware logo plays. At home screen I still have sound for about 5 seconds. The game says it is attempting to connect to servers and sound cuts out. Can't even get through the intro of the game, this is painful considering I paid for premier to play early and I can't enjoy the game at all.

Message 1 of 9 (6,741 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Audio cuts out as the home screen says it's connecting to servers

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the tip! I have tried wired but it did not seem to fix the issue but I found a workaround. I was ready to give up on the game and refund it if possible and then a miracle happened. By clicking on "Exit to Main Menu" from the settings I heard a scratch noise and as it starts up the home screen for the 2nd time the sound works well  (until it randomly crashes during gameplay which is a separate issue).

Now every time I have to do this: boot up game - hit Space to connect to server - once in town I go to settings and exit to main menu

This trick has worked every time so far.

View in thread

Message 4 of 9 (6,659 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Newbie

Sound cuts out at the moment it says "Connecting to Online Services..." All sound stops working but I can see bars on volume mixer showing sound is being played. When I close the game, all sounds resume. I played music in the background to test this. Somehow loading up the game Anthem kills all sound on my computer until I shut the game down and the sound comes back instantly. I have reinstalled, tried the Repair option and rebooted computer each time.

Message 2 of 9 (6,728 Views)

★★★ Novice

This seems to be a problem that many people are having with Bluetooth headphones.

The only thing that worked for me (until Bioware issues a fix) was to plug in a set of physical headphones and use those.

Message 3 of 9 (6,716 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the tip! I have tried wired but it did not seem to fix the issue but I found a workaround. I was ready to give up on the game and refund it if possible and then a miracle happened. By clicking on "Exit to Main Menu" from the settings I heard a scratch noise and as it starts up the home screen for the 2nd time the sound works well  (until it randomly crashes during gameplay which is a separate issue).

Now every time I have to do this: boot up game - hit Space to connect to server - once in town I go to settings and exit to main menu

This trick has worked every time so far.

Message 4 of 9 (6,660 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same seems to happen in other games such as Mass Effect: Andromeda. Bluetooth headphones seems to be the common theme. Good thing to always keep an older set of plugin headphones at the ready.

Message 5 of 9 (6,636 Views)

★ Pro

Same issue. The accepted solution does not work me. I got to hear the scratch sound and I got sound back for a while until the message of "Connecting to servers" showed up again. This Bluetooth issue happens in Forza too so it is not an Electronic Arts/Bioware-only issue. Interestingly and ironically enough, I am able to use my Bluetooth headphones without issues in "Race the Sun" within Steam.

Message 6 of 9 (6,517 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My bluetooth headphones is a Blueant.

Once I disabled the microphone, the sound came back on.

Obviously, still an issue if you need to talk but if you're playing solo, then this works perfectly.

Message 7 of 9 (6,273 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@lhommedev What quality is your audio set at? I recommend setting at no more than DVD quality and see if that’s helps. I used to have sound cut out all the time, but there was a patched fix and additionally I try to be sure to never use more than DVD quality for audio. Sometimes driver options get reset tho. Used to have this issue in MEA also, it was reportedly a frostbite engine problem.
Message 8 of 9 (6,212 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@BonesnapTV Turn mic off that works for me
Message 9 of 9 (703 Views)