Re: Audio cutout issue with Ryzen overclock

by Mr_Heisenberg13

Original Post

★★★★ Novice
With the new 2000 series Ryzens Cpus coming out I just upgraded my 1600 to a 2700x and bought a Asus x470 mobo. Of course I don't see the same audio issue there. I wasn't gonna wait around for a fix ans wanted to upgrade anyway. Guess I'm out of this problem
Message 61 of 107 (2,336 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I'll see you on the battlefield whenever this issue is fixed my friend, I'm glad this issue doesn't affect the new line at least.
Message 62 of 107 (2,329 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

May I ask what Motherboard in specific did you get? I've been seeing beta BIOS for the X370 lineup that includes de AGESA version 1.0.0.2a. Supposedly, the one that should come with X470 Motherboards. So that might be the reason the bug went away, instead of being a new chipset thing. I want to check, tho, because some X470 mobos are coming with AGESA 1.0.0.1a (the one that started causing this sound problems to lots of MSI users, myself included), and I'd want to 100% confirm that yours is indeed 1.0.0.2a, and not .1a. 

Unfortunately, my mobo didn't get a beta BIOS for the .2a, so I can't test it.

Message 63 of 107 (2,303 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hey guys,

I've been having the same issue with my pc. Components are as follows...

Motherboard: MSI B350 PC Mate

CPU: Ryzen 1500x

GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080

RAM: 16GB of PNY Anarchy DDR4 @2400Mhz

PSU: 750Watt

MD BIOS: A.D0

Like everyone else I get audio cutout whenever I OC my CPU, whether it be in Ryzen Master or through the BIOS in both Battlefield 4 and Battlefield 1. Every other game runs without a hitch.

Message 64 of 107 (2,274 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
Replying to the eariler question to me. I upgraded my mobo to the ASUS ROG Strix X470-F . its a Asus board so I knew the problem wouldn't be there. Looks like problem is limited to just MSI motherboards. Hope you guys can get a fix quick either from MSI or DICE. One thing I will add though that was working for me to overclock and not have the audio a issue on my msi b350 board was to use MSI Command Center to overclock. Only downside is you have to overclock ever time you boot windows but in would put my R5 1600 at 3.9 Ghz there and I would NOT get the audio issue. Hope that works for y'all like it did for me.
Message 65 of 107 (2,265 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@Romulus-Rexus wrote:
Replying to the eariler question to me. I upgraded my mobo to the ASUS ROG Strix X470-F . its a Asus board so I knew the problem wouldn't be there. Looks like problem is limited to just MSI motherboards. Hope you guys can get a fix quick either from MSI or DICE. One thing I will add though that was working for me to overclock and not have the audio a issue on my msi b350 board was to use MSI Command Center to overclock. Only downside is you have to overclock ever time you boot windows but in would put my R5 1600 at 3.9 Ghz there and I would NOT get the audio issue. Hope that works for y'all like it did for me.

Hello there. Thanks for your response. Your Motherboard comes with the AGESA version I expected, .2a, while the majority of MSI mobos are sitting on .1a. That *might* be the cause, Let's hope for a quick fix, indeed. I'll try out your workaround for now.

Thanks again.

Message 66 of 107 (2,236 Views)

★★ Apprentice
It is not just MSI, it affects ASUS as well as other board manufacturers. Likely it's due to the X470 chipset.
Message 67 of 107 (2,219 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Same here audio cuts all the time. Super annoying as I just bought the game ... My CPU is not even Over Clocked either.

MSI Tomahawk 350b

Rysen 5 1600

G.SKILL 16GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHZ

MSI 1060 6GB

Message 68 of 107 (2,177 Views)

★★★ Novice
Well that sucks, I can play like normal if I turn off all the OC's, but obviously I'm not going to do that just for battlefield am I...?

I wonder if the New Windows update coming out tomorrow will fix this in some way or another?

Fingers crossed! 🤞
Message 69 of 107 (2,167 Views)

★★★ Novice

nope, preoblem didnt get fixed with the windows 10 update.

still waiting for ea

Message 70 of 107 (2,110 Views)