Re: Audio cutout issue with Ryzen overclock

by FeniX230

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

MSI B350 Tomahawk + Ryzen 5 1600 with latest BIOS UPDATE (7A34v1G) same issue for me. Before i updated to 7A34v1G audio was fine. Can't revert BIOS now though. AMD disabled rolling back. How much longer are we suppose to wait?

Message 51 of 107 (1,971 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Guys, I'm getting the same issue with the latest bios on my MSI X370 Pro Carbon when applying any cpu overclock.

Did you guys also noticed that since latest bios, cpu speed reported in windows task managers stays at stock speed even with an overclock applied?

Message 52 of 107 (1,927 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Klashius

Thank you for your help. I successfully managed to downgrade my BIOS version and I can do overclock now without any audio cutout or laggy mouse movement issues.

MOBO: MSI B350 TOMAHAWK
CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 1500X
BIOS version: 7A34v19 (This version is good to go.)
Message 53 of 107 (1,908 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Any updates on a solution or any word from ea??

Message 54 of 107 (1,838 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I also have this issue on the latest BIOS firmware on a B350M Pro-VDH, Ryzen 1600 @ 3.7GHz (Stock Voltage)

I can say I probably wont touch or buy any EA games with this issue, I will not have the hassle of going back and forth between stock frequencies just to play 2 or 3 games.

Message 55 of 107 (1,781 Views)

★★★ Novice
dont use task manager when overclocking to check your cpu speed it isnt programmed for this reason
download third party programs.
task manager always shows stock speed.
Message 56 of 107 (1,759 Views)

★★★ Novice

even with the new update in bf1 the bug isnt fixed

ea wake up pls a lot of people have ryzen cpus these days 

Message 57 of 107 (1,757 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I've updated the original post and submission noting that BIOS updates are now causing it for most users and for the newer Ryzen models as well.

Message 58 of 107 (1,753 Views)

★★★★ Novice
does this affect the new generation ryzen processors?? I wonder... If they use the same chipset on the mobo as the first gen then there's gonna be some pretty upset 2nd gen ryzen owners out there - because they too would have got the bios update that broke the ea engine lol
Message 59 of 107 (1,731 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I'm not sure if it affects the new generation Ryzen CPUs but if it does and they STILL do nothing about it I think I'd be even more pissed because that would make it seem like they have something against AMD. Right now I'm just upset because this issue hasn't had any new updates from staff, hopefully they don't just ignore it simply because we overclocked.

Message 60 of 107 (1,713 Views)