Re: Audio cutout issue with Ryzen overclock

by Aelfwig

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Figured I'd also say this, latest BIOS update has affected me too. 
Mobo: MSI Mortar Arctic B350M

CPU: Ryzen 1600 @ 3.65GHz 

I am sensing a trend here....

Hope this gets resolved soon! 

Message 41 of 107 (2,132 Views)

★★★ Novice
"so this is only BIOS related problem witch x370 chipsets... AMD should see into this... or whoever has AGESA in its hands and things about this"

It's also effecting b350 boards too...
Message 42 of 107 (2,118 Views)

★ Apprentice
Oh, sorry for that, but my GIGABYTE ab350 gaming 3 was working just fine with oc, weird, so I thought it was affecting only x370 chpset
Message 43 of 107 (2,098 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I recommend editing your response again to remove "Only x370 chipsets" because its more than just the chipset; saves the hassle for constant clarification Standard smile

@Klashius

Message 44 of 107 (2,080 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Has anyone contacted AMD about this issue yet so they can flag this as an official bug?

If no one tells them they are not going to know 

Message 45 of 107 (2,077 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice
This problem affects me too.

MOBO: MSI B350 TOMAHAWK
CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 1500X

Whenever I do overclock, I get some weird issues about audio and also mouse movement. I bought my system 3 months ago and I updated my BIOS after the installment. I don't know the earlier versions of BIOS, there is no way to downgrade as far as I know. I can assure you this problem occurs on at least these versions:

7A34v1F
7A34v1G

It must be related with the new AGESA codes, I'm not sure though. I hope it would be fixed soon.
Message 46 of 107 (2,057 Views)

★ Apprentice

oh there is a way to downgrade, but you must use other tools and it is a bit risky... done that yesterday, but it worked, there was no other way, because my BIOS was preventing me from flashing older version... 

Message 47 of 107 (2,036 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Do you have MSI B350 TOMAHAWK and what BIOS version do you use? Also can you give me source for downgrade please?

Message 48 of 107 (2,000 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@Aelfwig this is my friend link for you and how to step by step do your downgrade, just go here ---> https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=302638.0  

...and... use at your own risk !!! ... it took longer time to update BIOS like this in comparsion with standard metod, so I was quite scared... and there was error message that my BIOS is not for my board... which was not true... so you better double check if you are have the right BIOS file you wanted

Message 49 of 107 (1,933 Views)

★★★ Novice
Same problem here with ryzen 1700 and msi x370 gaming pro carbon.
All battlefields and star wars have this problem, unfortunatly.
EA wake up this is a serious prob u need to work on!
Message 50 of 107 (1,884 Views)