Re: Audio cutout issue with Ryzen overclock

by Klashius

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

@LelFgtzwrote:

same problem here! MSI B350. Happened after a BIOS update. 

Would be nice to get some acknowledgement 

There was acknowledgement a week or so ago that they're passing it on for investigation.

Message 31 of 107 (2,753 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Sigh... Downloaded 70GB to try Battlefield 1 on my Ryzen system to have this audio problem...

Note: I'm overclocking with the UEFI. I did have Ryzen Master, but uninstalled it.

Ryzen 1600 (@3.8GHz)

ASRock AB350 Pro4 (UEFI version 4.70)

Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium

MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X

Windows 10 Pro (x64)

Message 32 of 107 (2,732 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I'd go back to stock clocks but I'm on a 1200 lol. Can't play good frames at stock clocks
Message 33 of 107 (2,713 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hello there!

May I ask if there's any news on the topic? Seems like latests BIOS updates for Ryzen have brought this problem to even more users (specially those who use MSI motherboards), and that updates will be required to run a Ryzen 2 processor, so… 

It's a bit worrying, because it seems that the problem resides on the game engine itself (and so, affects other games made with it, like other, past, Battlefield titles). So, I don't know if a patch would be issued to those past games. 

Maybe EA and AMD could solve this without patching the game, but the BIOS? I didn't have this problem 'till the last BIOS update on my X370 Krait, which reportedly updated the AGESA version to support upcoming new chips.

Anyway, I hope this gets addressed some time in the near future. Ryzen chips, specially the lower-end ones, benefit quite a lot from overclocking, not only for gaming, but for content creators, editors, etc.

Thank you!

Message 34 of 107 (2,296 Views)

★★ Novice
Just coming to say im also now experiencing this since the last MSI x370 gaming pro carbon bios update.
Message 35 of 107 (2,227 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ryzen 1700x on an MSI X370 Pro Carbon with game boost turned on. Same issue. songs now also cycle in the main menu at random.

Message 36 of 107 (2,201 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yup, I'm another one who's got issues...

3.8ghz ryzen 1600...

All since last bios update!
Message 37 of 107 (2,163 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am also having this issue, even when manually overclocking in the BIOS not through software. I have also recently updated my BIOS so maybe thats the issue?

Ryzen 1700x - MSI X370 SLI Plus

Message 38 of 107 (2,151 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@Stopkilling0wrote:

I am also having this issue, even when manually overclocking in the BIOS not through software. I have also recently updated my BIOS so maybe thats the issue?

Ryzen 1700x - MSI X370 SLI Plus

Yeah it looks like everyone is being affected now (doing BIOS updates), irrespective of how the overclocking is performed. The original issue didn't have a lot of testers but a majority they were only affected via software overclocking. That was a year ago though and given the amount of reports over the last month (here and on my video), something has happened with the BIOS updates to affect a lot more Ryzen users.

Unfortunately it took 12 months to even get EA to acknowledge this thread let alone anyone actually working on the problem. Don't expect a fix anytime soon.

Message 39 of 107 (2,146 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
Exact same problem here with MSI x370 gaming m7 ack mobo with Ryzen 5 1600, OC to 3.75Ghz in BIOS and choppy sound and restarting music apeared with latest BIOS... that is just annoying, with old BIOS I could not use my full RAM speed and now this... EA please  do something !

EDIT: !!! MAYBE A SOLUTION !!! ... I disabled in BIOS "HDAUDIO" in onboard settings, then booted to windows 10, after that tried windows option to "solve sound problems" with right click on sound icon ot the right, then turned off sound enhancements and set sound quality to 41.000hz... now I am testing, but seems so far it is ok

EDIT2: .... sigh... NO... It is still there... I am really dissapointed 

EDIT3: ... downgraded BIOS to "before agesa update"... and it WORKS !!!! so this is BIOS related problem with x370 chipsets... AMD should see into this... or whoever has AGESA in its hands and things about this

Edit4: b350 affected sa Well ... Thanks for info
Message 40 of 107 (2,111 Views)