Re: Audio cutout issue with Ryzen overclock

by madpantsdome

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

@EA_Aticwrote:

Hello everyone! 

I have sent this issue to the team for Investigations. Thanks for all the reports, keep it up!

/Atic 

Thanks for noticing after a year... I guess.

Message 21 of 107 (3,245 Views)

★★★ Novice

Are you using msi b350 gaming pro drunner92. Im thinking that this problem might be a an issue with the updated firmware? Im going to go ahead and try some other firmwares for my msi b350 gaming pro.

Message 22 of 107 (3,242 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok I acutally found you cant downgrade a bios to an older version. This is pretty terrible becuase it effects bf4 and bf1. sound just skips and loops exactly like that video. While people with ryzen 5 and 7 might be able to handle the downgrade to the clock my ryzen 3 loses about 15 fps without the cpu being pushed. This pretty much takes bf1 and bf4 out of my game selection. I play them like 30 hours a week to ugh. Get ahold of AMD EA work with them to figure out why this happening im thinking it s firmware issue ocurring from april 2017.

Message 23 of 107 (3,235 Views)

★★★★ Novice
have msi b350 tomahawk with ryzen 5 1600... also i upgraded to latest bios and we can't return to an old release... but this problem have form 3 weeks with latest updates of bf1 but however with last Bios also have audio problem with battlefield 4 and star wars battlefront....
Message 24 of 107 (3,215 Views)

★★ Novice

My rig:
ASrock X370 Killer SLI
Ryzen 5 1400
2x8 G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz CL16
GTX 780

So after a long research I figured it out. I tried practicly everything I could.
- Updated Sound card driver from ASrock website
- Tried the latest Realtec driver for my ALC892
- Disabled every other sound device which I don;t use
- Updated to the latest chipset driver form AMD website
- Updated nVidia driver to the lastest available
- Uninstalled every Ryzen software like A-Tuning from ASrock or Ryzen Master from AMD.
- Repaired the game files through Origin
- Reverted BF1 config to a complete default

And guess what... no success.

Setting CPU to stock setting is not a solution! I didn;t bought myself BeQuiet cooler to let my CPU run at 3.2GHz. It;s ridiculous.
[SOLVED]The only thing which resolves this problem for me is reverting BIOS to older version.[SOLVED] It didn;t matter how did I overcloked my CPU. just +100MHz,  3.6GHz 1.275V, 3.8GHz 1.33V or crazy 4GHz 1.45V. Adding voltage to Vcore/SOC doesn;t make any difference. Reverting to 4.5 BIOS solves the sound problem in BF1 but doesn;t let me use my memory on 2933MHz CL14. I have no idea how does it look with other mainboard manufactures but with ASrock every single BIOS does have some issues. I am sick of being beta tester. Bought myseft new PC and sitll can;t use its full potential.

Sorry for my bad English. I am not a native speaker.

Message 25 of 107 (3,189 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok so the post above said you need to revert your bios firmware because thats where the problem is created. This makes sense for me too because I had recently updated firmware. MSI didnt let me install an older firmware last time I tried I may be screwed.

Message 26 of 107 (3,157 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Hi there..I am experiencing the same issue! I have a MSI B350 tomahawk MB and any kind of OC on my Ryzen 5 1600 will trigger the audio issue with Battlefield 1. When I put the CPU frequency to stock levels the audio issue disappears. Other games work fine with my 3.9 Overclock, just BF1 IS the issue. This starting happening for me just a few weeks ago or so. Can't revert to any older bios on my MB since I am on the latest one and the old one has compatibility issues. I figure there was an update to the game that triggered this issue. Is there any word that EA/devs or looking into this. Its unfortunate that I have a unlocked processor and have to run in on stock levels to play this game normally...
Message 27 of 107 (3,115 Views)

★ Novice

I to am experiencing this problem.  Ryzen 5 1600 on ASRock AB350 Pro OC to 3.5GZ on 1.3 vlt DDR4 to 2933 Just started with latest bios update from ASRock 4.70.  Grrrr

Message 28 of 107 (3,046 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Ryzen 1600 Msi B350M Gaming Pro same issue... 

Message 29 of 107 (2,902 Views)

★★★★ Novice

same problem here! MSI B350. Happened after a BIOS update. 

Would be nice to get some acknowledgement 

Message 30 of 107 (2,853 Views)