Re: Audio cutout issue with Ryzen overclock

by xOnslaught

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Reported the exact same issue not long ago. The problem is related to "Game Boost" but also heard that Intel "Turbo Boost" can cause the issue as well. When I enabled it in BIOS on my Ryzen 1700X problem happened right away only for Battlefield no other game. Turned it off and problem is gone.

Message 11 of 107 (2,980 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Have some problem from 2-3 weeks with ryzen 1600 on msi b350 tomahawk... I unistalled 2 software for oc (msi command center and Ryzen master) , disabled Game Boost from Bios and applicated oc manually in bios but have audio problem in battlefield 1 , battlefield 4 and star wars battlefront... audio work ONLY with stock speed of cpu....however 3 weeks ago , didn't have this problem with oc ...

Message 12 of 107 (2,973 Views)

★★ Apprentice
There isn't any way to directly report a bug to EA so this is all we have. If it affected new Intel platforms you can bet they would be fixing it damn fast. But since we're AMD owners on a new platform that only occurs when over clocking, we will be ignored.

The new battlefield will be in the same engine and will likely have the same problem unfortunately. I personally haven't had the issue since I over clocked in BIOS only but clearly it is affecting others.

It's been a year since this was reported with ZERO response from anyone, don't expect anything to happen, it's just not financially viable for them to care.
Message 13 of 107 (2,968 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hello everyone! 

I have sent this issue to the team for Investigations. Thanks for all the reports, keep it up!

/Atic 

Message 14 of 107 (2,929 Views)

★ Novice

I fixed my audio cut:

-Deleted Ryzen master

-Reverted a bios update

-disabled SMT

-Disabled CoolnQuiet.

Now its running at 3.9 with no audio issues. 

Message 15 of 107 (2,910 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

In this mode work but unfortunately with SMT disabled performance in general of pc worse because we disabled the hyper trading of ryzen ....

Message 16 of 107 (2,900 Views)

★ Novice

Hmm I read that smt cut performance in a lot of games. Not very worried about general performance.

Message 17 of 107 (2,896 Views)

★★★★ Novice
in editing have big problem... in my case, my ryzen 1600 @3.9ghz in cpu z have 3500 points average with stress test and hyper trading active; with smt disabled have 2100 points with only 6 core.. so in editing we would have a "castred" cpu...
Message 18 of 107 (2,894 Views)

★★★ Novice

I just got a new cpu and ram hoping to have decent performance in BF1 and it was until this. It happened after I cleared my cache it was running well but after overclocking it started giving me and error "you are playing bf1 on to many computers try again later". Just figure out why this is happening please gotta be a fix because ive reinstalled flashed changed settings blah

Message 19 of 107 (2,851 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Me too , have ban for 1 day for just overclocked my cpu ..
Message 20 of 107 (2,847 Views)