Re: Audio Problems

by Belgorad

Original Post

Audio Problems

★★★ Newbie

So this is a bug I have encountered with the game multiply times. When I launch SWTOR but then my sound device switches, because I switched it or my headset died etc.. The game audio stops working. When I go to audio in the settings(in-game), theirs no option to choose which device I want to use. When this happens i have to restart the game. Also when I get this audio glitch my game wont close properly, and I have to open task manger, and it only happens the the audio bugs out like this. I don't mind having to open task manger to close a game, but its very annoying when I have to re-launch the game every time my audio changes. I feel like if we get a option in the "game audio settings" to change which audio device we want to use this bug wont happen. I might be the only player who has this bug, but I still feel it makes things easier for players to change it in-game, then having to minimize the game and change the device on the desktops

thoughts anyone?

Message 1 of 4 (457 Views)

Hero

@Ryhew 

Can you attach a copy of your DxDiag log as per here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 2 of 4 (427 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Message 3 of 4 (384 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Ryhew 

if you go to volume mixer when the game is running , it should list output devices and you should have a slider etc for swtor (when the game is running) see what it is doing there first up

the game uses directx sound

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 4 of 4 (377 Views)