Re: Audio LOUD AS HELL (Ignoring audio settings) in Legend Selection

by _TEX_spqr

Original Post

Audio LOUD AS HELL (Ignoring audio settings) in Legend Selection

★★★★ Novice

As title says, all the sound effects and voice lines that play during selecting of your Legends before a match are LOUD AS HELL and should either follow 'Menu sound volume' setting or have a new setting for those types of sound effects.

Also, when your squad is wiped out and you are spectating another player, the sound effects seem to be a lot louder there too and almost as if they're being isolated from any ambience or alterations from things such as distance, reverb and what have you.

It's so bad that playing for a while can give me a headache and I almost feel like muting my sound completely during Legend select just to avoid this loudness.

Message 1 of 8 (8,814 Views)

Community Manager

@nafenX 

We're tracking all sorts of audio issues players are reporting, however we'll need some specific details like hardware configuration to help identify what's causing it.

Can you include a DxDiag and mention what model/brand speakers/headset you use? Please mention what type of audio settings you have configured too under your playback devices (right click on the sound icon on your desktop taskbar)

How to pull a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 8 (8,768 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Headset: Sennheiser PC 3 CHAT On-Ear Headset
Audio Settings:

rundll32_cutBf04sOb.png

I've tried other settings in the 'Default Format' but none really fix the audio issues. I'm also having the issue where in-game sound effects seem to not play until I move through the area later on (i.e. a firefight will break out nearby but i hear none of the shooting until I'm travelling through the area/looting in the aftermath).

Message 3 of 8 (8,762 Views)

Community Manager

Can you check to see if you have the latest drivers for your sound card and devices?

Updating drivers

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/finding-devices-and-updating-drivers/

Try right-clicking on the game in Origin afterwards and select "Repair." Let me know if it still occurs.

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 8 (8,756 Views)

★★★★ Novice
My graphics and sound card drivers are up to date and I have already tried the Repair option a couple of times. Also in the match I was just in, right near the end on top of the usual audio cutting out and then coming back in, the sound effects were also garbled
Message 5 of 8 (8,752 Views)

Message 6 of 8 (8,750 Views)

★ Novice

The original post is not about this.

The sound when you select the legend it's waay to loud compared to the rest of the ingame sounds

Message 7 of 8 (8,667 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

saying that since some days after release .... playin the game at 15% mastervolume (ingame)

Message 8 of 8 (8,653 Views)